97 psd cranks fast and normal but no start

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is my baby. very well taken care of. Driving home from work today about 25 miles an hour light throttle and the check engine light came on and engine died instantly.... Pulled off to side of road, replaced the CPS sensor with the gray one, which is the same one that was on it, pulled all neg cables for 5 mins. cranked her over and nothing. She cranks nice and fast but no fire...

On sunday(yesterday) the check engine light came on and it ran rough for 30 seconds or so, i hit the throttle and it was really delayed. then i let it idle out and returned to normal operation. Didn't have a problem with it until it died completely today and no wont start again?

This is my only rig and i have no idea whats wrong with it. She has never ever given me any problems, now this. Any ideas or tests i could run would be greatly appreciated. Can parts stores scan the diesels to pull possible codes etc?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i got lucky it was the #22 maxi fuse under the hood. So i pulled the biggest plug/cord of the fuel bowl which i assumed was for the heater and replaced the fuse, fired right up.