96 F350 PSD Donor Truck

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me if the frontend under this truck is a solid axle or twin beam. trying to find another excuse to buy this truck as a donor. the PSD is trash though so its not a deciding factor.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any F350 4x4 between 85.5 and 97 will have a Dana 60 solid front axle.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its 2 wheel drive, it should just have the standard twin ibeam front suspension I would think.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab and chassis F350 will have the straight axle in a 2 wheel drive.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck i'm looking at buying is a cab and chassis. only seen it in pics on the web so i need to look at in in person. i'd like to have a straight axle up front twin beam is ******* tires.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just scraped an f350 cab and chassis truck and it had the twin I beam setup. Ive only seen the straight axle 2wd in f superduty trucks. Funny thing is, only a handfull of the superduty's Ive looked at have had the straight axle.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There talking about the f superduty trucks that are 2wd but have leaf springs in the front with a solid tube axle. Its resembles the jeep solid axle on their 2wd vehicles, except the jeep uses coils instead of leafs.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've ever seen a later OBS Uhaul based on an F350 cab and chassis, you'd be surprised at what is under the front end. The only reason I posted the info is that there were 2 of them yesterday right down the road with the neighbors moving out.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
If you've ever seen a later OBS Uhaul based on an F350 cab and chassis, you'd be surprised at what is under the front end. The only reason I posted the info is that there were 2 of them yesterday right down the road with the neighbors moving out.

U-hauls are built to a toataly differnt spec. The general public has no access to their build specs. And you did not post that in your original; post that you were refering to a u-haul

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I assumed that since the 2 of them were straight front axles, and F350 badged, and obviously a cab and chassis to start with, that they would carry over throughout the line.