94.5 f350 7.3 psd wont start. Looking for pcm in houston area

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the box code? And yes I do.

box code is on the PCM label that has the ford part number you referenced.

If you are getting a "check engine light" when first turning the key to "on" that means your PCM is powering up.

Does the CEL stay on?

If so there are codes stored that may tell what is wrong with your truck.

If the CEL goes out, then your PCM is fine and it may be a wiring or sensor problem

FWIW I've never heard of an OBS pcm going bad aside from "modification"

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
did you call this place? They've got it listed for your part number.

Engine Computer
F5TFFJ FOR $Call Autocomp, Inc. USA-TX(Houston) E-mail 1-281-447-9800/1-888-217-4072

This place is in Katy, they rebuild ECUs
http://javoosi.com/

These guys are here in Houston too.
https://www.autocompdirect.com/

Here's a Houston area company that specializes in OTR trucks but they may be able to do it b/c of the Navistar cross over.
http://www.ecmking.com/

There were at least three more rebuilders in the Houston area listed on google. And I'm still convinced that there's probably a yard with in 10 miles of where ever you are in the Houston area that has one even if it isn't advertised on Car-part.com
Called all of those places and none of them have it might go the Ebay route just don't want it to take a long time.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most are still shipping faster than estimated.
As asked above, why do you think it's bad?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Most are still shipping faster than estimated.
As asked above, why do you think it's bad?

Did all the tests on the pcm I can possibly do. And took it to a diesel expert and had him verify it's the pcm. It's not sending enough voltage to the ipr to actuate it. It's only getting 4volts and apparently it's not grounding it out I believe but I've replaced idm,ipr,hpop,cps,icp sensor, batteries,wires,starter,glow plug relay, starter solenoid,ignition cylinder and some other parts I can't think of since I've had the truck along with some wires and connectors and pigtails. Its only building 200psi it was an intermittent problem for a while and it finally failed. Would be fine and have 12v to the ipr then one day it would die and only have 4-5

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Have you actually tested the harness?
Right under the fuel bowl is a common trouble area.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Yes I deleted the fuel bowl heater wires and water in fuel and all wires were checked on the harness

WIZ-KID

Reaction score
Do you have it out? And if it's already bad you have nothing to lose to open it up. you might just see the problem (like a bad capacitor leaking). And there would be a chance yo could fix it for a few dollars soldering a new part in. most of the time that's all these repair services do for $$$

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Do you have it out? And if it's already bad you have nothing to lose to open it up. you might just see the problem (like a bad capacitor leaking). And there would be a chance yo could fix it for a few dollars soldering a new part in. most of the time that's all these repair services do for $$$
No but I can pull it out. I'm highly capable of doing that just didn't want to damage any further components. Let me get off work today and open it up and take a look.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did all the tests on the pcm I can possibly do. And took it to a diesel expert and had him verify it's the pcm. It's not sending enough voltage to the ipr to actuate it. It's only getting 4volts and apparently it's not grounding it out I believe but I've replaced idm,ipr,hpop,cps,icp sensor, batteries,wires,starter,glow plug relay, starter solenoid,ignition cylinder and some other parts I can't think of since I've had the truck along with some wires and connectors and pigtails. Its only building 200psi it was an intermittent problem for a while and it finally failed. Would be fine and have 12v to the ipr then one day it would die and only have 4-5

I asked earlier...do you get the "check engine light" when turning the key to on ? Does the light go out after a second or two or does it stay on ?

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
I asked earlier...do you get the "check engine light" when turning the key to on ? Does the light go out after a second or two or does it stay on ?
Yes I get the check engine light and wait to start light comes on and goes off after a couple seconds like normal

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I get the check engine light and wait to start light comes on and goes off after a couple seconds like normal

IMO your PCM is good. I'd look at wiring chaffing (the large harness going over the passenger valve cover is a known failure point, if anything I'd take it apart and clean the contacts inside the harness plug).

Has the pigtail for the IPR ever been replaced? That failed on my 97 and caused a no start condition.

https://www.dieselorings.com/14-023...ir-connector-genuine-ford-6e7z-12a690-da.html

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
IMO your PCM is good. I'd look at wiring chaffing (the large harness going over the passenger valve cover is a known failure point, if anything I'd take it apart and clean the contacts inside the harness plug).

Has the pigtail for the IPR ever been replaced? That failed on my 97 and caused a no start condition.

https://www.dieselorings.com/14-023...ir-connector-genuine-ford-6e7z-12a690-da.html
Yes I've gone over all wiring and cleaned out harness connectors and everything. Same thing happened to me about a month prior to this condition I have now. Go back a page and i said exactly what i replaced. I've replaced pig tail on ipr,icp, cps and as for the chaffing on the passenger side valve cover all the wires I've taken completely apart and looked and checked as much as I can and wrapped it all back up.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I've gone over all wiring and cleaned out harness connectors and everything. Same thing happened to me about a month prior to this condition I have now. Go back a page and i said exactly what i replaced. I've replaced pig tail on ipr,icp, cps and as for the chaffing on the passenger side valve cover all the wires I've taken completely apart and looked and checked as much as I can and wrapped it all back up.

Have you tried cranking with the ICP unplugged?

Do you have a scan tool that can monitor IPR duty cycle? 65% is max duty cycle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Have you tried cranking with the ICP unplugged?

Do you have a scan tool that can monitor IPR duty cycle? 65% is max duty cycle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Unfortunately I don't. And yes I have tried cranking with icp unplugged. I do know that it wont build above 200psi oil pressure but brand new hpop,lines,icp,ipr,idm,cps, a bunch of pig tails and other things too I can't think of right now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online