94.5 f350 7.3 psd wont start. Looking for pcm in houston area

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
In need of a pcm as soon as possible. Please help. I will drive as far as I can if needed.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In need of a pcm as soon as possible. Please help. I will drive as far as I can if needed.

Do you have a picture of the old PCM label so I can cross-reference what will be compatible?

Also what makes you think your PCM is faulty?

Common failure is the fuel bowl heater which blows the fuse that is also powering the PCM.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Positive this is it. And I appreciate your help on that but took it to a few different mechanics and a powerstroke wiring expert and he double checked everything. My pcm has been getting water dropped on it I believe from my leaking windshield. That's besides the point. It isnt sending enough voltage to the ipr wire and it doesnt actuate the ipr the computer is supposed to ground it electronically I believe and it wont. Everything else checks out wire wise.

F5tf-12a650-fj
That is the pcm

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
My real question is can I order a newer pcm? Like one from a 95 part number
F5TF-12A650-FA will it fit my 94.5 psd zf5
I need to get this thing back on the road asap

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
as far as I know any 94.5-97 will fit as long as auto or zf5 non california
Im assuming your truck is a zf so any non calii zf 5 should work, a auto cpu would get buy but wont be right.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can source one in Houston texas or around this area? I need one but don't have 600$ to spend on a computer right now.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This town is loaded with auto salvage yards and quite a number of them have obs power strokes. Start by using www.car-part.com and sorting your search by distance. You’ll likely have a match here in Houston or at at the furthest Austin or San Antonio.

And the Cal number is just as important as the part number. Ex mine is MME7. It’s usually listed on a sticker near the vin tag. Or on the computer sticker.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Yeah the only problem is they must be a failing part at this time because they are all around houston and surrounding cities but the pcms are all gone. I can only find like 99+ pcm but no obs 94.5-97. I've searched everywhere that's why I figured I'd give it a shot and see if maybe had one laying around somewhere. Even if its another state I can get it shipped.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Positive this is it. And I appreciate your help on that but took it to a few different mechanics and a powerstroke wiring expert and he double checked everything. My pcm has been getting water dropped on it I believe from my leaking windshield. That's besides the point. It isnt sending enough voltage to the ipr wire and it doesnt actuate the ipr the computer is supposed to ground it electronically I believe and it wont. Everything else checks out wire wise.

F5tf-12a650-fj
That is the pcm

What’s the box code? Should be 4 letters or numbers.

Do you get a check engine light when first keying to on ?

WIZ-KID

Reaction score
Even if you find one. Odds are your old one can be repaired. I did this myself to the module in a '92 (trans module) Had a bad diode & capacitors. You might even talk to a computer repair, tv shop, etc. in your area to fix it.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Yeah that's very possible. Thank you for the idea. I'm gonna talk to a few guys. I know exactly what's wrong with the pcm but can't find any pictures showing exactly what needs to be repaired on it. But I know that the computer is not sending enough voltage to the ipr. Took forever to track this problem down too.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you call this place? They've got it listed for your part number.

Engine Computer
F5TFFJ FOR $Call Autocomp, Inc. USA-TX(Houston) E-mail 1-281-447-9800/1-888-217-4072

This place is in Katy, they rebuild ECUs
http://javoosi.com/

These guys are here in Houston too.
https://www.autocompdirect.com/

Here's a Houston area company that specializes in OTR trucks but they may be able to do it b/c of the Navistar cross over.
http://www.ecmking.com/

There were at least three more rebuilders in the Houston area listed on google. And I'm still convinced that there's probably a yard with in 10 miles of where ever you are in the Houston area that has one even if it isn't advertised on Car-part.com