'93 Crew cab exterior clear plastic grab handles

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. Got the late '93 F-350 Crew cab duallie with 4 clear plastic grab handles on the exterior.
One of mine is busted in 1/2 and another one or two are scratched up. Any idea's on replacements? or the proper name? I have searched and have had no luck. I would like to at least replace the broken one.
These handles being about an inch or larger diameter and about 12 inches long and arched.
Thanks in advance!!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Try looking for grab handles, even look at boat and RV suppliers, like camping world, overtons or west marine.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you got to have clear, then no idea. If it doesn't have to be clear, you have plenty of options. Any kind of pipe. Or wooden dowel. Etc...

If you don't mind PVC pipe, and it has to be bent... Cut it a bit longer than you need. Stick it in the oven at 125 to 150, for a little bit. Take it out the oven, put the bend in it that you want, and run it under cold water right away. Easy enough to now cut it to the proper length. But if it had been proper length before, it's probably too short now.

Paint it if you'd like. My preference though is to use shoe polish. The liquid kind. Give the PVC a light sanding first. Then clean and apply. It should stain the PVC. Whereas paint might rub off. I like to use the brown stuff. Do a light sanding with say 120 grit. Then do a very quick, light, rough and uneven sanding with 60 grit. Now use the brown paste shoe polish. Let sit for a bit. Wipe off the excess. Looks almost like wood!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s sooo 90s! Love it. You’re gonna have a hard time finding a replacement exactly like that unless someone has seen those before. Looks like a kind of acrylic? Maybe you could have them made so they match.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those handles look awesome! I love them too. They don't look like they have a bend in the clear part though.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to work with acrylic and now that you showed the picture I remember seeing those before. Pretty sure it's just like a 1" acrylic cylinder.
Measure it if you want to try and repair it yourself, the stuff is pretty cheap and almost as easy to work with as wood if you have power tools.

I dont know what the housing is like on the inside though, or how it attaches.

gandalf

Reaction score
Think Star Wars Light Saber, the kind you can buy, that has a fixed "saber" which lights up when you push the button. I don't know what the diameter is on the light sabers, and the acrylic might be some color rather than clear. It might work for you.

Last edited:

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Acrylic or could be Polycarbonate. Do some google Fu and find out which is more UV Stable. Acrylic may be easier to heat and shape than PC. Is the Truck a "Conversion" Truck? Many of the conversion companies used products from CR Laurence, they have a huge catalog of all kinds of car/truck/RV parts and pieces I bet those handles are in there somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Polycarbonate-Round-Transparent-Standard-Tolerance-x/dp/B00CPRCPFO

http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/cont...rlaurence.com/adv/Auto_Products/index_us.html