91 7.3 siezed after sitting for 2 hours?

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Sorry I thought I posted a pic the valve is completely dropped out of the head
You must be registered for see images attach

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture did not post. Likely because you didn't use the "Go Advanced" posting feature ...

Please try it again..

Idilarry89

Reaction score

Hopefully that worked...sorry I'm doing this off of my phone as it's my only life line out of my little town :rolleyes:

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! ... Whatever you did this time worked.. good clear pic came up..

Ouch.. looks like the valve spring even went somewhere, along with the retainer and spring cup..

Carnage shots as you take it apart please.. we feel your pain more that way.. hahah

From the truck pics, not a bad looking truck.. certainly worth the purchase price.. good find..
Fix the engine, fix the brakes, and drive it like you stole it.. for the next 10 years.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like some good oil sludge/carbon looking build up on the rockers and such. Don't recall to many other users pics with valve covers removed with that kind of poo poo all over the rockers.
With that being said it could be nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...mee sees a setta heads in order....thats clearly soot from bypass valve guide like my post mortem video ...guess yer lucky maybe...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about these findings. But this is a great example of what happens when you have a worn valve guide that goes ignored. First symptoms include ticking and/or chuffing from exhaust. Next, valve burns itself up & does not seal properly against seat, which is crucial to proper valve dissipation of heat. Next is what happens here. Valve face starts to crack and fall apart, retainers pop out & valve drops into cylinder & eats $hit up. Excessive guide wear also lets combustion gases into the valve train area, which is why you see all that carbon gunk.
Curious to see what's behind that cylinder head. Seeing this kind of damage, I would be pulling that engine out and see what you got to work with. Hold your chin up tho, lots of members here to help you out!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well from the sounds of what you say happened... I'm not thinking you have a ruined cylinder but.. Only opening the engine will tell you what and where the damage is that keeps the engine from turning. If a piece of the valve broke off with the piston nearly at top dead center you may just have a mark in the piston but might be able to run it with a valve job. Some owners get lucky and some don't..

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Well yeah. It does sucks but on the bright side it's not a cavitated block, and the engine still turns. The engine is definitely coming out. My goal is to have it back together or the engine out of my 89 stuffed in by the 7th so I can take it to my buddy's wedding which is only about 150 miles away. Pics to come. I'm going to stop at the truck stop and use the WiFi so I don't eat up data....also oil burners runs REALLY slow on my phone...now, time to dig in a little farther. got her in the shop!

Idilarry89

Reaction score
So no carnage pics yetc. But engine is out and I found the suspect valve head in the turbo cross over pipe

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So no carnage pics yetc. But engine is out and I found the suspect valve head in the turbo cross over pipe

CLICK ADVANCED WHEN ADDING PICS.....

Ok I canna waita seea thisa broken pisa machine

Idilarry89

Reaction score
I'm doing this from my phone and it really sucks adding pics...it's SOOOOOO slow and this is the only site that is this slow and I don't know why :mad: ...hopefully that worked

Now, I'm no mechanic, but...I don't think that I'm supposed to find a valve head in my exhaust piping... :dunno

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your more of a mechanic than some of the mechanics I work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Haha I was being a little sarcastic. I grew up in a professional shop, we worked on anything that ran even though we were a glastron boat dealer, and a marine shop.I now own the local small engine shop, and I do automotive stuff when I'm slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online