91 7.3 siezed after sitting for 2 hours?

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Ok so I struck out at the ford graveyard. But I found a cat 1150 ( older version of 3208)! I also found a lot of siezed 6.9s a totalled 95 with the powerstroke. But I kept looking and stopped and talked to a local mechanic and he has anot 83 with the 6.9 he parked because 3rd went out. It's been sitting for 8 years plus, but fresh batteries and she turns over and sounds good. Didn't start of course. I'm gunna offer 150. There's no good panels on it and the flatbed is long gone. But it's got a visor!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I mean I'm sure the manufacturer of k&n also made the banks filters.
But that's a k&n sticker. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I could find IDIs in any junkyards around here, 150 for one of these engines that still turns over is a steal!

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Hell, I figured you guys down south would have a ton of IDIs. It's a 6.9, I don't know how I feel about that just yet. It should run alright when I get the banks turbo kit on it though, don't ya think?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I say buy it... Even if you pay 350 for it. The visor alone is worth about that much. Might want to drain off a little oil and see if any water was in the oil. Many times rain water leaks past the cowl to hood seal and collects on the filter top. then it leaks into the intake and finally ends up in the oil. Not ever a good thing.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, I figured you guys down south would have a ton of IDIs. It's a 6.9, I don't know how I feel about that just yet. It should run alright when I get the banks turbo kit on it though, don't ya think?

You wont even be able to tell its a 6.9 once you get the turbo on it trust me, and I wish we did have tons of idi's but because we don't have salt we have the trucks, just not the engines :cry:

Idilarry89

Reaction score
Well, good old hot springs had a chevy dealer and a ford dealer. So there are a lot of 6.2/6.5s and a BUNCH of 7.3stuff and 6.9s alot more gasses than diesels. But the problem is most of them are in the hands of ranchers who have absolutely trashed them and either still use them or they are WAY beyond repair. Ranchers are harder on trucks than the rough necks and miners could ever imagine...

Idilarry89

Reaction score
So this is turning into more of a project thread than expected.... anyways I got hotrod 6.9 home. I'm getting ready to get her running in the 83 before she finds her new home in the frame of the 91.

Idilarry89

Reaction score
So Sunday I got hotrod 6.9 running. I played with it Saturday night. Killed 3 batteries before I realised IP is shot. I think it's just the FSS because I have no click when I put power to it. So I put the IP from the dead 7.3 on it, it bled and I got her fired up. The engine sounds really good other than it needs timed... but I will worry bout that later.
Now with the 6.9 I want the turbo on it but I've heard that 10 psi is deadly on a factory 6.9. My 7.3 will run 14. Should I be worried about this turbo without studs? I really don't want to spend a Lotta money on the 6.9 as I want to build the 7.3 over the summer for when I paint her.