8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not inconcievable that the day could come when we are still having these rallies, and non of us own an IDI. We will all sit around and toast "the good ol' days" and long for a simpler life free of computer controls. However, I think as long as the rallies continue in that spirit, the physical presence of some or none will always be secondary. We should continue to honor those who are able to hold the torch, and let the rest bask in the afterglow behind the torchbearers. As for prizes and awards, we can expand the catagories to include the others as the rally host sees fit. I understand the racing situation. I guess I'll plan to loose early then. LOL Like Gary, I have a long drive home.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that the "Darksiders" are the only ones with confidence in their trucks.:sly Just kidding, just kidding,;Poke;Poke beleave me I fully understand the thoughts of being 1000's of miles away from home, doing something your truck was never designed(from the factory) to do. But I also wish everyone would at least TRY it. You don't have to smoke the tires, or run all out. Just the experience of prestaging,staging, waiting for the lights to come down, getting a good reaction time, making good shifts, and driving it though the lights, and getting it stopped before the turn out lane.

Bracket racing is about consistency, not how fast your truck is. Heck my wife won a t-shirt in my IDI buy running a 21.10 pass in a 21.00 index. She had a blast.

What I'm getting at is, if you shift your truck at say 1500 rpm's on the street, then shift at 1500 rpm's on the track, just do it the same EVERYTIME, and you can win races. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone please take note of the new sticky that I just put up for ordering your rally T-shirts. Deadline is end of MAY! So do it now. Thanks.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to edit your thread to '2009', unless you have some discounted 2008 stuff :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yell:Mel will provide a $100 off coupon toward a Moose Pump or Injectors.:yell: He will be bringing a Moose Pump that will be available for purchase if you desire.:sly A Big Thanks!!! to Mel for doing this.:hail

If you would like to have a photo of your campsite, just PM me....We took photos of them all yesterday.

Also....Please check Post #12 one Page 1 of this thread to make sure you are on the List and your site is listed there. If that info is not correct....PM me.;Sweet

Heath.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately the July 4th omen has struck again. Last year I was planning on going to the rally until my mother decided to fly in on yep, you guessed it the 4th. I even got hit with a "leisure tax assessment" on my way to the airport for going just a few mph over the recommended limit.

This year after much digging around at work trying to nail down my travel schedule it turns out I will be in Modesto Ca for 3-4 weeks encompassing that weekend. So it is with much disappointment that I must accept the fact that I cannot go again this year. Oh well maybe next year.

I will be following along with the festivities as I can while on the road.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think that IS a new record. I just checked and Chattanooga had 19. This is 24 now. :D

Heath, would love a shot of my home away from home. Ordered my intercooler yesterday, so I'm majorly torqued!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think that IS a new record. I just checked and Chattanooga had 19. This is 24 now. :D

Heath, would love a shot of my home away from home. Ordered my intercooler yesterday, so I'm majorly torqued!

Intercooler eh?;Really;Sweet I'll email you the photo once I get home and get them off the camera.:D

The campground has asked that no one bring firewood from out of state secondary to concerns about the ever annoying Ash Borer Bettle. I will have a lots (probally too much) split firewood. I may need a little help unloading it.....uh...hum...(hint, hint).;Really Please take and use all that you want.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The campground has asked that no one bring firewood from out of state secondary to concerns about the ever annoying Ash Borer Bettle. I will have a lots (probally too much) split firewood. I may need a little help unloading it.....uh...hum...(hint, hint).;Really Please take and use all that you want.

Heath

Yeah that stupid little beetle has made it's way into our neighborhood.

I've got 2 little firewood haulers/helpers that will more than be willing to assist.
Heck they were taking running the log splitter last night helping me clean up the mess that the tree butchers left.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Well I think you guys can count me and the wife in this year, I am working at Beans Diesel Performance down here in Woodbury TN. We moved down from ohio a few months ago and Bowling Green is only 1.5hrs away!:sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are RV or tent camping.....call and get a spot now....they are filling fast for that weekend.

It will be a great time, you'll be hooked, and this will become a yearly trek for you. Let me know what site they give you.

Heath

pmelah

Reaction score
:mad:ok i cant come up to the rally i have to work -cuss and mel is brining a pump and coupons to the rally-cuss-cuss-cuss that just aint fair why me this kinda stuff always happens to poor little ol me :frustrate:frustrate:frustrate oh well story of my life maybe next year lol hey mel whats one of those pumps cost i really gotta know momma may let me get one (if she dont im gona get one anyway)lol i hope all yall have a lot of fun at the rally and of all things a safe one ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online