89 IDI IN TRUCK TREND

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
that my friend is the number one forage harvester in the world ;Sweet
i work at a CASEIH dealer in upstate ny,those things are our bread&butter.we have 50 units out of our store,50 out of the A/C store,50 out of the BATIVIA store and 20 out of the CANINDAGUA store.
we service most of eastern ny,and 2 units in mass. along with 1 in conn.
all the farms around our dealer use JD green tractors :puke: :angel: ,but they all have CLAAS CHOPPERS :D ;Sweet .even the JD dealer(ohara's) which also has a large dairy farm,owns a CLAAS.
more info for the city slickers :D there are 5 models,from 325 HP to 605 HP
they run 6 or 8 row heads that are row independent,which means they can go anyway they want in the field of corn.
its pretty amazing to watch 8 rows of corn run through the K.P. unit that has a gap of only 3 to 5 mm,then come out the spout that is only about 8 inchs wide.all this at 6 to 8 mph :eek: .you wont see a deere do that.
i am very proud to work on these units,and have a very good customer/mechanic relationship.
i wondered if anyone would coment on my avatar :D
hey mel i caught that :backoff :backoff :draw :draw ;p

Attachments

• calvin claas (2).jpg
    calvin claas (2).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
i wondered if anyone would coment on my avatar :D
Let me get this straight...the aggie equipment in your sig makes it so that the cows eat. Therefore, since the cows eat, get fat, and get turned into hamburger, that means that I eat. Is that right? :thumbsup:

Have to break it down into real simple terms for this city-slicker :rotflmao

So, anyone want to talk about slavery in ancient Rome or how China's going to affect the rest of the world in the next 2 decades? ;)

(sorry; in a feisty mood this evening)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
.............how China's going to affect the rest of the world in the next 2 decades? ;)

(sorry; in a feisty mood this evening)
getting away from the giant dead grasshopper talk for a moment......
tim-
why do you think I felt it is so important for my daughter to be able to speak both forms of chinese and english? Plus the fact that I want her to understand how they think and work over there too....what will really mess her up is that the plan for middle school and HS will be in rural TX. cookoo What she learns in school is one thing, living a relating between the two cultures will be priceless for her when she goes looking for work. She's my retirement policy, so if I dont' give her all the tools to get a good job, I won't be living so well when I can't work anymore. :D

back to dead grasshoppers.....
iirc...that piece of equipment is german ain't it?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
getting away from the giant dead grasshopper talk for a moment......
tim-
why do you think I felt it is so important for my daughter to be able to speak both forms of chinese and english? Plus the fact that I want her to understand how they think and work over there too....what will really mess her up is that the plan for middle school and HS will be in rural TX. cookoo What she learns in school is one thing, living a relating between the two cultures will be priceless for her when she goes looking for work. She's my retirement policy, so if I dont' give her all the tools to get a good job, I won't be living so well when I can't work anymore. :D
(sorry for the brief thread hijack)

I agree with you completely, and I actually chose that topic due in no small part to what you've said on the matter (both in conversation and what you've posted in the past)...I tend to think you're right, and want to explore the issue further and better acquaint myself with China. Sino/American Comparative Politics isn't being offered next semester, or I would be in it...and I am taking a Chinese history course (1800-present) in the spring. I get the impression that China's being ignored by the U.S. other than as a source of cheap products, and that this is something we're going to regret someday...and, particularly with the field I want to get into, I have a feeling that getting myself as well-educated on this as possible would be to my advantage. I've actually thought seriously about making an effort to learn one or both of the Chinese languages, but I won't be able to do that until after I graduate...I have too much on my plate as it is.

You are doing an excellent service for your daughter...in retrospect, I wish that I had had a similar opportunity. Of course, it'll probably be years (if ever) before she realizes this...

Actually, if you're interested, here's the text of the abstract I wrote for this paper:

People in the United States generally see China as a backwards, poverty-stricken nation. While this may have been true in the past, China has seen the beginnings of a socioeconomic surge that poises China to fill in the power gap left following the collapse of the Soviet Union and become the world’s next superpower. This will clearly have a large impact on the United States and on the world as a whole. The impact is already beginning to be felt on the world trade scene as well as in terms of higher global oil prices due to China’s increased demand.
How will China’s rise in power manifest itself? In what ways will a politically and economically powerful China affect the world? What effects will this have on the United States from an economic and a foreign policy standpoint? It is the intent of the author to address these questions, and any related questions that may come up in the process of completing the term paper, in the best way possible.

Okay, back to giant dead grasshoppers now...where's my hamburger?!? :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, one quick jab/reminder of how good we have it on this board...if this were on TheDramaStop, the thread would have been locked (or at least moved, before the "Other" forum got shut down), along with a stern admonishing to us all about how we need to keep on-topic at any and all costs.

Thanks again to the people who own and run this site!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
these guys are going to ****......IMHO....BOTH countries will need each other in the decades to come. I have lived in both countries, neither have a clear upper hand. Both have their strong points and both have glaring weaknesses. But its a good thing that american business is starting to catch up with the europeans and japanese as far as the china markets are concerned. The "yellow worm" equipment are considered by the chinese as the best in the world and finally late this year clatterpillar has finally opened up a distribution point in Shanghai. I no longer have to wait and pay through the nose for parts to be airfreighted in from the US. I can even link this into the "giant dead grasshopper" talk too. The europeans have a 10 year head start on selling farming implements to the chinese. The US is just starting to get a toehold on that market. Yes, the chinese is flooding our market with them cute cheap tractors, but our stuff has a bigger appeal over there due to the fact that it is more sophisticated in the fact that it takes fewer tractors to do the same if not more than what the chinese are currently doing. Now this Class harvester should be a wakeup call to US mfg. the europeans are beating us at our own game.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
all of the big three,CLAAS,JOHN DEERE and NEW HOLLAND all build there havseters overseas.
they do things alot different over there.
alot of one pass farming with the main piece of tillage equipment hanging off of the front three point of the tractor,and the final pass and planting are done hanging and pulled behind the tractor.
i second all the thanks to the people that run this site.we have it really good here. :hail :hail ;Sweet :D

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
i second all the thanks to the people that run this site.we have it really good here. :hail :hail ;Sweet :D

I totally agree. It's called freedom. The "other site" kind of has a politically correct flavor to it. Probably won't be able to wish anyone a Merry Christmas on that site. Probably have to say Happy Holidays or some kind of other trash.. cookoo Climbing off of my soapbox now....

P.S. China puts almost all of it's money into building up it's powerful military juggernaut (sp). Ever wondered why? OK. Now I'm off of the soapbox...

Al

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will all agree with me that John Deere is the best, you have to buy American, stop shopping at Walmart, and read the label, or this thread gets locked right now! LOL

Now what was this thread about again? Oh yea, an IDI in a magazine. Gee, how did we get to this? :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
You will all agree with me that John Deere is the best, you have to buy American, stop shopping at Walmart, and read the label, or this thread gets locked right now! LOL

Now what was this thread about again? Oh yea, an IDI in a magazine. Gee, how did we get to this? :D
mel-
I agree on the above points. And how did we get the thread to this? Easy answer.....we're IDI people, we're professionals at putting threads into the weeds....in two different directions no less :D :D :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is insane, inane and nonsensical to boot.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
:rotflmao

Entry Word: inane
Function: adjective
Text: having no meaning <inane and useless phrases, such as "have a nice day"> -- see MEANINGLESS

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
go back upstairs and find yourself some christmastree lights to hang :backoff :draw :backoff :draw :D
<kicking rock down road> fine </kicking rock down road>