89' Centurion Bronco 5spd. Hypermax turbo

Sishinthin

Reaction score
Located in Kalamazoo Michigan

I came to the IDI meet on the 4th, this truck was there.
I think this is the only 5spd. ever (not factory, converted by a truck shop well before I got it)
89' f-350 centurion with 93' turbo idi 7.3l, with hypermax turbo and intercooler kit. Turbo just got rebuilt, and I replaced or updated all kit components straight from hypermax (including the turbo rebuild kit). Replaced and beefed up connection ends, built a quick-spool valve into the hypermax housing (I can tell you how to set it up, took forever to make).

Zf5 trans, single mass, good clutch, trans made typical zf5 noise, but shifted perfect and felt great.

Truck has three rows of bench seats, red interior. Some rust, mashed left front. Transfer case snapped vertically (was new right before I bought it), front left u-joint and spindle are a mess. Only standard ford truck parts got hurt, not centurion or bronco parts. All windows have new motors, and work (except driver door because it's smashed to crap). Frame looks straight, minus 2 bent body mounts.

Smashed my truck. I bought it about a year and a half ago, fixed a bunch of things. Mostly looking to sell the engine, and turbo kit.

As-is everything $2500
Truck $1200
Engine $ 800 (I'll show you it runs, starts right up, light smoke for less than 30sec, made serious power for an idi, I'll pull on the weekend closest to purchase)
Turbo kit (with intercooler and all) $ 1200
All prices negotiable, but cash only.
Text me @ sebben sebben nyne, nyne tree fife foor, area code: too *** nyne

Pictures and running video soon.

Here's pics of the building of the quick-spool valve, welding on new connector ends (bought new from hypermax), and the improved tube-clamp system I made. http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/sishinthin/Hypermax turbo kit/

Here's pics from when I bought it, will be adding current-day pics soon to this same album.
Again, it's smashed in the front left.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/sishinthin/The Centurion/

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Located in Kalamazoo Michigan

I came to the IDI meet on the 4th, this truck was there.
I think this is the only 5spd. ever (not factory, converted by a truck shop well before I got it)
89' f-350 centurion with 93' turbo idi 7.3l, with hypermax turbo and intercooler kit. Turbo just got rebuilt, and I replaced or updated all kit components straight from hypermax (including the turbo rebuild kit). Replaced and beefed up connection ends, built a quick-spool valve into the hypermax housing (I can tell you how to set it up, took forever to make).

Zf5 trans, single mass, good clutch, trans made typical zf5 noise, but shifted perfect and felt great.

Truck has three rows of bench seats, red interior. Some rust, mashed left front. Transfer case snapped vertically (was new right before I bought it), front left u-joint and spindle are a mess. Only standard ford truck parts got hurt, not centurion or bronco parts. All windows have new motors, and work (except driver door because it's smashed to crap). Frame looks straight, minus 2 bent body mounts.

Smashed my truck. I bought it about a year and a half ago, fixed a bunch of things. Mostly looking to sell the engine, and turbo kit.

As-is everything $2500
Truck $1200
Engine $ 800 (I'll show you it runs, starts right up, light smoke for less than 30sec, made serious power for an idi, I'll pull on the weekend closest to purchase)
Turbo kit (with intercooler and all) $ 1200
All prices negotiable, but cash only.
Text me @ sebben sebben nyne, nyne tree fife foor, area code: too *** nyne

Pictures and running video soon.

Here's pics of the building of the quick-spool valve, welding on new connector ends (bought new from hypermax), and the improved tube-clamp system I made. http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/sishinthin/Hypermax turbo kit/

Here's pics from when I bought it, will be adding current-day pics soon to this same album.
Again, it's smashed in the front left.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/sishinthin/The Centurion/
danielle should be along shortly.
her centurion bronco is rusted worse than yours and she's looking for a replacement.

Sishinthin

Reaction score
Not parting the kit, intercooler goes with all of it because I only have the intercooler intake bonnet.

Here's the turbo kit new:
http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=6d8e3f9c-d916-47eb-9218-77d91ecf5d18
and the intercooler:
http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=c3b62dc7-ee0a-4a56-aae9-882fd653b776
I put a rebuild kit into the turbo from hypermax, and an improved intake wheel. Air cleaner and boost piping are painted silver. New crankcase breather too. Not to mention all the improvements I made to the kit, and the added (one of a kind) quick-spool valve.

All the wear components (seals, tubes) in this kit were replaced using a package from hypermax. This is basically a new kit with upgrades and paint, only bad part of it versus new is surface rust on the unpainted parts (I just sandblasted the housing mount).
I only want $1200 for the whole kit.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
!!

Red interior!?! :love:I'm in! Just need to figure how to get it back to dirty Jersey:dunno

Quick lesson on GVWR

Trailer is 7k max.... Or how else do you guys drag stuff around?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also would anyone local be willing to do this trip with me?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
!!

Red interior!?! :love:I'm in! Just need to figure how to get it back to dirty Jersey:dunno

Quick lesson on GVWR

you need a 10k trailer to be marginally safe. a 7k trailer is unsafe.

Sishinthin

Reaction score
I R JP
To roll the truck needs: u joint, spindle, rim, balljoints, hub axle, drag link, and leaf spring center pin.
To drive: transfer case welded, shock mount, new front pinion.
Body needs: bumper, fender, windshield, windshield trim, core support, headlight, grill, grill trim, drivers door, a couple tugs and the light rust fixed that was there when I bought it.

Deib

Reaction score
!!

It isn't as bad as you think. if your trailer has decent tires you will be fine.

You have to remeber this truck weighs maybe 7,500lbs.
at least 10% of that is carried by the tongue. You can always run more, like 15 or 20%.
But stick at 10%
That means 750 lbs tongue weight and that leave 6750 to be carried by the axles. That is perfectly safe and legal.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong.. You forgot trailer weight. My 10000 lb trailer weighs 2100 lbs, legally I can only haul 7900 lbs.

How much you paying to get it dani? If the price is right I might take the trip with my trailer.... Might.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online