89 CC build thread Frame off resto!! - Bad Idea

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great man. You will be out enjoying it really soon. It will pay off. I wish I was anywhere near that close.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah not soon enough. I may try to drive it into town and fill up at least one tank on Saturday. Depends on how the weather is. Oh and I should probably check all the fluids. Can't remember if everything was full?

Biggest problem I have going now is we just ripped out our kitchen. Like down to the studs. So shop time is put on hold until the kitchen is done. Doesn't mean I won't be sneaking out though here and there. Luckily most of the woodworking tools are stored in the shop also. "I don't know why it took me 4 hours to get the circular saw"

- Jeremy

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a little time in the shop last night. I started recovering the headliner. I'm not sure if it was a success or not. I have to see how the glue setup. I think I went too light on the glue and first so I recoated stuff, but not sure how well it stuck. I'll check it tonight. If it seems stuck I'll finish trimming it. I've got plenty of material to cover it again if needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it took me an hour with the yellow bristle disc on the 90 degree grinder to get rid of the fuzz. Shop didn't get too fuzzy, but I gotta get that cleaned up. It then only took about 30 minutes to get the fabric glued down.

I checked the fabric last night and it appears to be stuck decent. I'm going to finish trimming it out tonight and get it hanging in the truck. Then I'm getting the rear window installed. Should be a good night.

I also gotta find the damn cargo light that installs over the rear window. I'm sure it's around, but I haven't found it yet. I've not lost anything I needed, but my inventory system when I tore this apart was non-existent.

-Jeremy

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you cant find it, i got one somewheres too
my inventory is stuck in my head, along with alot of other useful info lol

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...but my inventory system when I tore this apart was non-existent.

I hear you. I'm about to get started on a project similar to this with my F350, and I don't want to start double-ordering stuff because I'm not staying organized.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd of never guessed I'd be working on this so damn long. I'm a complete project ***** though. I've done major work on a ton of vehicles since I tore this down. I just ordered carpet for the truck last night while I was ordering carpet for a 63 fairlane I picked up. Not to mention in the shop is still my dad's model A and my buddies 50 ford. I get distracted really easy. OOOHHH shiny!!!

What I've done since that's worked really well is I tear stuff apart and put all the fasteners in a peanut butter jar. Then label the jar. So like "Drivers door" Then even label the big parts like Drivers door front track, drivers door rear track etc. Then I place all the door stuff in a tub. So at least when I'm working on a door all the parts are together. VS what I have now with a lot of the early stuff is just a big ole box of pickup parts. It could have battery cables, door handles, bed bolts and lug nuts. No rhyme or reason.

Jeremy

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the headliner in the truck. I don't have the side panels ready to go so I put a bunch of screws in to hold it in. I also put the rear window in. The rear window was a swap meet find. It was the first time I've ever put a rubber gasket window in. It went pretty good. I got it in and didn't tear anything up. I also did find the little cargo light for above the rear window. It was in the glovebox. That was in a rubber made tub with the other two glove boxes.

-Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I have to ask though, where did you get the chrome trim strip to put the window in? I was just going over stuff last night and mine was crispy. Lmc didn't have it I don't think. My gasket is probably okay but a fresh one couldn't hurt.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I could use a new chrome strip for my gasket also. This chrome strip was much better than my original, but still isn't that awesome. I kept waiting to get a strip figured out, but finally was like f'it I'm putting this together. I'm tired of having this truck ripped apart. I think I could still put in a new chrome strip later. I think it's supposed to be the zipper that you put in after installation, but I put the window in with this chrome strip still in the weather stripping. Didn't seem to cause me any issues. I think if we measure up the stip a generic strip can be bought and installed. I did some looking one night, but didn't have the measurements.

- Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought about it being generic. I was wondering if it was a ford thing.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I don't think it's chrome. I have a catalog here somewhere. I don't remember seeing them. :dunno