85 F250 6.9 New pump Need PS pulley

BobbyBino

Reaction score
[85 F250 6.9] looking for PS pulley (hard to find). Another truck match?Napa nope

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install it? How did you put it on? There is a possibility the pump is damaged also. I looked around a little bit, I can't find a pump with the pulley or just the pulley itself. I think it makes a difference if you have A/C or not.

BobbyBino

Reaction score
I brought in the pump and had it pulled and then pressed on the new pump at auto shop. Went to put it on and saw it was wobbling pretty bad when spun by hand. Truck is turbo with AC. Wonder if theres another FOrd with the same PS pulley

Last edited:

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the shop did not use the correct puller. They may have damaged the pump installing also w/o the right tools. Dorman makes one but I don't know good it is.

BobbyBino

Reaction score
Thing was wobbling,I figured it was the bearings, ordered pump from Napa, had a shop pull pulley and press on to new pump. I mounted pump and spun it with my hand..still wobbling so I figured it was the pulley although I laid it on a piece of glass before I had the shop press it on and it seemed fine. I dunno maybe they did use the wrong puller but Im thinking the pulley may be tweeked its like its center is off somehow but not sure..also it is flush on the end but has about 5/16 gap on the inside between pump and pulley? weird I cant find a pulley anywhere already tried Dorman plugged in my truck nothin pops up. Guess Ill start back at the shop tomorrow thanks for the input Y'all

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On your pulley, if it was wobbling before, I would not blame the shop. Sounds like it was messed up when you started.

If it was on a old pump you were getting ready to change out, I would have suggested taking a big pry bar and carefully trying to tweak it back straight. But I would not do it with a good pump, it puts too much pressure on the shaft and can damage the pump guts.

Last edited by a moderator:

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably best bet would be a used pump and pulley from a junk yard. The proper puller is a split ring that grabs the groove on the front of the pulley.

BobbyBino

Reaction score
Hey thanks yes I agree must be the pulley is bent. Already have the new pump so just gonna keep looking for a pulley around here off a truck. Bummed I spent an extra 20 on pulley RnR ugh

BobbyBino

Reaction score
If anyone has a PS pulley and wants to sell it let me know thanks--[ E3TC -AA (I think)] Its For- 85 f250 XL 6.9 w AC and 4x4

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BobbyBino I just pulled one off a truck today figuring you would want it. Don’t believe there is a difference between ac/non ac. This was in a truck without ac, looking at Rockauto they are all the same and do not have an option. Let me know.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t believe there is a difference between ac/non ac.

I believe the only difference is if it's a two belt pulley or a single belt pulley. I think I read the spacing is different between the two but I'm not certain. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummed I spent an extra 20 on pulley RnR ugh

You can do it yourself. Just go to advance or autozone, they have a rental program. You will be basically buying the tool, and when you are done you can take it back and they will give your money back. Or if you like it you can keep it, you paid for it.

The first time you do it though, it takes a little head scratching to figure out how the tool works. I like the simpler cheaper tool at autozone.