79 7.3l idi

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Mr Roboto: The 77-79 F150 ex cab 4x4 is an oddball unit... It has a 3/4 ton chassis with leafs, and push/pull steering, not the coils/crossover the reg cab F150's had, it's truly a completley oddball truck.

i thought that as well. i remeber reading it several times and i seen one up close. i was kinda puzzled at first cookoo

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got another 351m block needs a new cam lifters and pushrods. i have know idea about its thrown me throw so many loops

I have a cam kit here for the 351M / 400. I was going to rebuild me existing motor but it has a bad piston pin and I hate going through motors. LOL, bought all the parts in the mid-90's but "things came up".

I'm thinking about stealing the driveline out of a 75 F100, it has a 360, C6 and full time transfer case. Once you've driven full time 4wd you'll never go back. And of course the FE is a much better engine design, just wouldn't pass the emissions.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
Dana 44 works fine, even with 5 lug rims, for on-road use.

That might be true....But I like to be on the safe side of things myself and I wouldn't tell someone that. Just because (knowing my luck) it would bite me in the ace (ya I said ace LOL)! Like I said its quite a bit of weight difference from a 460 (351/400M) to a Diesel and who knows what they are going to do with it. JMHO

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
i can get a helper spring kit for the front and it is a bit of and odd ball truck. i call her my joker. so what about the 7.3l mating up to the c6 gasser?

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel:
The frames do look very similar, but, at some point, I had done some measuring for the sake of argument, and IIRC, the F250 HD frame was about 1.5-2" taller than a 150 unit in most places, the C was wider, and the thickness is about double. Now, a BKO may be it's own animal.
FWIW, the 460 and diesel trucks(all over 8500) use the exact same frame, and the later 96/7 5.8 over 8500 trucks do also.

As for that 7.3 mating to a C6, you need the diesel C6 and flexplate to suit, the engine adapter plate is the same auto/stick. As for the E4OD, you could run that with a divorced transfer case, but, you're adding a bunch of electrical complication that is really unneeded. I'd stick to a C6, or preferably a manual of the ZF persuasion.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that E4OD is good you should be able to sell it for $800 - $1000 easy. There's always someone needing one and the 2wd unit will fit pickups plus vans.

The last used E4OD I bought cost me $1200 or $1300.

Or I bet you could find someone to trade you for a C6 plus cash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online