7.3 starting problem

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mines went to start his 04 PSD today and it hicupped and all the buzzers and lights on the dash flashed and he thought the battery was going to die before it would turn over. It finally started and ran real rough as though it had run out of fuel. I asked him if it was under warranty and he said "yes" you can guess what I told him cookoo . I told him of this forum and that I'd ask you guys what you thought it might be before he takes it to the dealer ;Sweet

Thanks, Mark

DBogo

Reaction score
i wasnt aware that they made the 7.3 in 04 i thought by then they were all 6.0

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
DBogo said:
i wasnt aware that they made the 7.3 in 04 i thought by then they were all 6.0
Sorry about that, he told me he's only had it a year. Maybe he bought it in O4 but it's an 03? I stopped paying attention after I sold my 99.5 LOL

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Hard to say for sure what the problems are without codes. My guess would be a Under Valve cover harness or bad injector based on what you have said here. Yes this will be covered under his warranty for the 5yr/100mile Power Stroke warranty. He will have a $100 deductible he will have to pay though.

And you could get a 7.3 in 04 and still can. It just has to be a RH drive and imported from Brazil ;p

We have a customer in Austraila with one. ;Sweet

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Dale, I will tell him he has to take his truck to Brazil to have the warranty work done LOL . Wouldn't a code cause the check engine light to stay on? He said it was like the truck blacked out for a second or two after all the warning sirens stopped. He actually does some work at Galpin Ford here in CA so it shouldn't be a problem taking his truck in. He says they gave him a break on his truck :rotflmao I said yeah they did a parking break and wheel breaks.