7.3 na exhaust

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it happened, I have a hole in my muffler. I think I will go ahead and replace the muffler with a straight pipe for now. Any thoughts? It's not like it broke my heart, I was waiting for it to go bad:D How loud will it be, everything will be stock except for the muffler, thanks

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to have it off the truck by summer,never had straight pipes on a idi before, but it should help with mpg:dunno It does with the gas ones

antivtec

Brown Bomber
Reaction score
I dont know if it helps with milleage but it'll sure wake your neighbors up :D my truck is louder than my buddies cummins with 6" stacks

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I have no muffler. its not too bad when you drive her nice, but shes louder than hell when you put the hammer down. you can hear it bounce off walls and buildings. my favorite thing is making a turn on a country road. I down shift to 3rd around 2700rpm it sounds like a jake brake;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Without a turbo it's going to be painful loud. You can get a straight through big truck muffler that won't restrict and they aren't terribly expensive and it will keep the sound down to a civilized level.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been straight piped since Ive owned it. It used to turn out before the right rear tire. Its only loud when you get on it or lug it a little.

At the moment I have it dumping out under the truck just behind the cab. I really cant here it with the windows closed but can with them open when I get on it. The thing screws when wound out and gets everybody's attention. It does get pretty loud pulling a trailer if you open it up all the way, but is decent when easing into the throttle.

I personally enjoy it, theres nothing better then tapping the throttle real quick to scare someone who's sitting through a green. Sounds like the motor wants to jump out and mess ya up.

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it done , cost $55.00 installed with 2 hangers, not to bad of a sound, but i think I need to cut out the screen at the end of the tailpipe, make's it sound hissy at idle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online