7.3 IDIT flexplate

bad67ford

Reaction score
I recently picked up a low mileage 7.3 IDIT. I’m going to check main and rod bearings and cylinder wear before I put it back together with new gaskets and head studs. First thing I noticed is it has an n/a flexplate with a turbo balancer previous owner says it was replaced and it was also says it had no vibration. I definitely want to make sure it’s correct. That being said, I know they are tough to get and if anyone could point me in the right direction or sell me one it will be greatly appreciated

bad67ford

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that I might have to bite the bullet they’re like $335 but are way more heavy duty than stock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So was he tight about the vibration or did you not run it? If you have the funds, now would be a great time for head studs since you'll have the heads off anyway.

bad67ford

Reaction score
I heard the engine run you would probably have to drive it to feel it the previous owner says no vibration Iplan on doing headstuds for sure

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bad67ford I purchased a complete turbo motor for the turbo kit, and it came with the E4OD flexplate still on it. I am adding the turbo to my N/A truck so the flexplate does me no good to keep as a spare. So, I would have the flexplate, spacers and bolts for sale if you are interested. I have no idea what the shipping would be - darn thing is heavy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86