7.3 idi oil leak

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just a few questions. Has the starter been removed? All 6 bellhousing bolts? All 4 motor mount nuts? Are you pulling the engine or the transmission? I'm asking that because first you said that you're pulling the engine and in your last post you asked how to remove the transmission. I know what you mean about the toys. I have several bikes and atvs in my garage too. I had to push some of them out to pull my engine. It wasn't raining though.

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Just a few questions. Has the starter been removed? All 6 bellhousing bolts? All 4 motor mount nuts? Are you pulling the engine or the transmission? I'm asking that because first you said that you're pulling the engine and in your last post you asked how to remove the transmission. I know what you mean about the toys. I have several bikes and atvs in my garage too. I had to push some of them out to pull my engine. It wasn't raining though.
I want my engine out. All bellhousing bolts are out. The starter is off. Motor mount nuts are out. The engine just wont come out

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a strong lift to get these engines out of the truck. They weigh a LOT more than a Chevy 350. You had better have a 1500 lb capable lift. Good luck and watch your toes.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to slide the engine far enough out of the transmission to clear the input shaft or disconnect the driveshaft and slide the trans off the engine

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope its just piston rings but i should probably replace all gaskets. Any suggestions?

I would and check everything over. i would Reseal the oil cooler while you have the motor out a hell of a lot easier then in the truck.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. Any thoughts on cheapest gasket set?

Check rockauto I've gotten a lot of my stuff from there but shipping can make it expensive. So I think I ordered my head gasket set from summit cause anything over 100 is free shipping. So it was cheaper to go through summit for the head gasket set.

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Check rockauto I've gotten a lot of my stuff from there but shipping can make it expensive. So I think I ordered my head gasket set from summit cause anything over 100 is free shipping. So it was cheaper to go through summit for the head gasket set.
Okay. Since i replaced the passenger side headgasket already should i do it again?