7.3 idi oil leak

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless its only burning from the driver side bank then no. Cylinders weren't holed at the top at least

how big is this leak? The leak and it burning it could cause it to go through a lot. Has the white smoke always been there? Or just sence you replaced the head gasket?

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since i replaced the headgasket. Before it was only black smoke

Did it go through this much oil before? I'm asking this because I did head gaskets on my 1990 and I had some pretty good solid white smoke turned out it was just the coolant left in the oil after I changed the oil. Now if it didn't go through this much oil before I'm going to guess it's something to do with that head gasket and or the head it's self.

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Did it go through this much oil before? I'm asking this because I did head gaskets on my 1990 and I had some pretty good solid white smoke turned out it was just the coolant left in the oil after I changed the oil. Now if it didn't go through this much oil before I'm going to guess it's something to do with that head gasket and or the head it's self.
It didnt go through as much before i think. I had it for 1 day before it started overheating bad so I replaced it. Then it was leaking and burning bad

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I hope so. It really doesn't take as long to do as some people make it take. I pulled mine out by myself on the fourth. It took 3 1/4 hours. The hood was already off and the radiator was already drained.

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys should have it out today.
I hope so. It really doesn't take as long to do as some people make it take. I pulled mine out by myself on the fourth. It took 3 1/4 hours. The hood was already off and the radiator was already drained.
Started to rain like hell guys. Not getting it out tonight

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Ok. I didn't think about that. I did mine inside my garage.
My garage is filled with motorcycles and 4 wheelers. I aint putting them in the rain to get this done. I have all but fuel lines pulled, starters out, tranny is almost out, and rad is out obviously.