7.3 idi oil leak

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Hey all, first post. I recently got this 94 f350 cclb non turbo and I replaced the head gasket. There's an oil leak coming from somewhere above the starter. Definitely coming from the back. I have no clue where it might be coming from. It leaks very quick so it needs to get fixed. Any advice or anything would be great. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure you got the silicone good on the valley pan corners?

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I did a good job applying the silicone

You got all the old stuff off? Did you use a new valley pan? That's the only place I can think of besides valve cover gaskets and the actual head leaking it's self.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it's coming from the oil dip stick tube where it goes into the pan. Mine leaks horrible til I resealed it

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might be it I'm not sure. It seems to be burning oil also. Coming through the stack so what is that my rings?

Could be it also could be valves also. What kind of oil do you use? I use to run rotella but the motor would eat it all the time. So I switched to mobile delvac 1300 haven't had the same problem.

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Could be it also could be valves also. What kind of oil do you use? I use to run rotella but the motor would eat it all the time. So I switched to mobile delvac 1300 haven't had the same problem.
I run the delvac 1300. Even use it in my powerstroke and my caterpillar c15s

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Is the valley pan wet at the back between the intake and glow plug controller? There is a plug back there with a square hole that drains out to above the starter. I've developed a similar mystery leak from the back of the block, but my pan is dry. Also check the base of the oil pressure sensor extension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac