6.9 idi in a 4runner

skiddles92

Reaction score
Not only different but not something any one that sees it can go Oh that looks easy I want something everyone looks at even none car people and go f**k that must have taken some serious work

Last edited by a moderator:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
like i said man im aware of what im getting into axles ill wait till i break the one that are in it and then i have a spare pair of solid 1 ton gear and make a full SAS and then lock it, and i dont have the lifts required for something like that or space i barely have the space fore this,
Yeah I hear ya. I was more thinking of your budget. Having the 8 lug axles in your back pocket is a nice plus.

skiddles92

Reaction score
I can go way over the 3000$ limit just what I have right now in Hand and when the 6.9 idi with everything for 500$ I started to look for a 4 runner found one for 400$ with blown motor, and like I said I'll run stock axles till I have to be towed or trailered home, probably won't take long, but I'll address that when time comes right now looking to get it running good and reliable but I figure I'll build it a little at the same time I'm not looking for 900ft lbs I'm looking for like 400-500 and call it a day the turbochargers will probably make that but I want it to last with that much power

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Those turbo's are to big to run in a twin setup. Figure out what kind of boost you want to run, find the airflow, and then divide by 2 and look at maps. Probably turbo's in the 30-35 lb/min range.

For the power you are looking at, a single would be just fine.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only different but not something any one that sees it can go Oh that looks easy I want something everyone looks at even none car people and go f**k that must have taken some serious work

We here tend not to use much profanity...its a pretty clean forum fyi

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3k to do a decent yota aint gunna happen either.
But do come back with the compleated rig.
Bet it corners like a tobogon.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
400-500 Hp from a IDI? By adding a turbo if it was only that easy. LOL
You'll be a lot more happy with a Cummins 4BT more aftermarket support Imo
It's going to take more than some crossmembers to support the weight major frame work will need to be done.

Hey but it's your build and your JapCan.

skiddles92

Reaction score
Not looking for it to take a corner like a Lamborghini I'm looking for one of a kind and hard to, do does any one read and once again 3k for the stuff listed no where did I say my budget is 3 grand just the stuff I need I would like that to stay under 3 grand injector pump injectors and pistons, pistons should be like 500 -600 injector pump 700 and injectors 300 the truck is already turbocharged just need to add a second or buy new ones if I buy new ones I plan on about 1500 a piece or I just buy another one like I have and make my own piping ( did it for a mopar 360 as they don't sell kits ) if I buy a second identical one I can get them for 300-700 depending on the the brand compressor size things like that I haven't went that far yet as I'm not looking to twin till everything is sorted out all gauges are hooked up and added and fully tuned, but even with that I don't expect over 4k you add in the cams and rods, looking at 5500 if I build my own piping. I'm aware of pricing I've done a little research but I can't find many parts I'm kinda aware of the cost I did some $$$ checking before even buying motor and 4runner now I'm just looking for people that might know where I can get parts to make this hard job easier and the parts I want that I can't find I can't find any cams, and injectors are far and few.

skiddles92

Reaction score
Ok really no one can read it says ft lbs not hp learn to read or don't comment 400-500 hp out of almost any diesel is hard but from a old idi I even knew better I'm k joking like 250 275 hp and like 400-500 ft lbs and I'm aware of some serious cross members will need to be put in place you guys act like I have worked with cars, so let me break it down a little more in main post I'll go edit to make 100% as easy to understand as possible.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Ok I'm detecting some hostility here.
LOL
Now I'm wondering the point of this thread you seem to know everything :rolleyes:
Are maybe I just can't "Read"

most at of your questions can be answered by SEARCHING
Type4 is the Cam Man
Mel is The Moose Pump guy
Bunch of threads on cams and Pistons. Check out IDIoits engine build.

Last edited:

skiddles92

Reaction score
Re-read the thread made it much clearer I was in a hurry when I wrote it and not hostility just agitated because if people would read differences like between hp and torque then I would have to ware my thumb out explaining the same thing twice just once to some one that didn't know and then to some one that can't read

skiddles92

Reaction score
Now if you want to give me a idea on how to build the cross members or where to put them or any other bracing I'm open, but to make it sound like I'm clueless and then I all off a sudden knows all how come the first couple people got what I was saying but no one else did 2-3 post down the guy tells me where to get everything I asked for, now if you got useful info on my build feel free to add input but don't treat me as I'm dumb and haven't thought at least some what if what this project takes I'm shoving a engine the size of a big block Ford into a suv that barely fits a v6 almost can't hold a sbc let alone a big block. If you have questions ask this is suppose to be friendly but when you act like you can't read really is irritating to me as I'm on a phone and typing long things like this start to hurt

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to build a 6.9/7.3 with 500 + ft lbs, youre looking at an easy 1600 in just a IP and injectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7