6.9 idi in a 4runner

skiddles92

Reaction score
That's a new 4 runner right. If so not looking to spend 50k. And I was pretty much given the motor the guy wants 500 but understand my health so he said install it and do what you want to it then we will catch up on the dough. Size I was kinda aware of weight I was not till I was looking online last night. Oh well I'll make it work even if I have to go leaf springs and sas. No I don't plan to put 40" super swampers on it. Not a trail rig. More of a one of a kind beast for show.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys are awesome here. Don't take it too hard. No one wants to see ur truck break in half with u in it.
I'm putting a 12v in a 55 Buick and they still let me hangout [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

skiddles92

Reaction score
I'm gonna it looks like the weather my give a short break I can start tear down at least! Yea maybe a big motor for a small vehicle but I thought that was the point big motor small vehicle. I have thought about safety I'm installing a roll cage and bucket seats with 5 point harnesses and if it does break in half might make a good YouTube video.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a frame to start with....Yota frames known to be ...ahem weak from rust and so forth.

Not familiar with the particulars of your frame but ya...ensure it is solid...take a chipping hammer and tap crap outta sides and bottom of frame and inside boxed zections too before even going down this road of swap. If frame is swiss cheeze one would not want waste time effort money life or someone elses life because it fails at a bad time.

Once frame checks...ya Bob's yer uncle go for it if you think you can fit 2 turbos a rad and IC and engine in that ompartment.

My friend has a landcruiser...did a Isuzu 4cyl turbo diesel swap...looks stock but not much room...

Just saying he had cut **** up big time but eh...hes a farmer fabricator so thouh it took lots of time it turned out looking stock.

JM7.3CW

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
the half cuts i seen where in the $3k range. basically the nose of the vehicle with the engine/trans/tcase and all the wiring needed but the body is cut off behind the t-case so they can import them as parts and not whole cars. there is a 2.4L and a 3.0L diesel i believe that was available in the 4runners in Japan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7