6.9 Build-up

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
No, the piston speed will increase with a shorter rod. Not sure how much a lower speed engine like this would matter, but I would still have the longest rod possible with a N/A engine.

Icanfixall, where/what is the piston a picture of?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Seawalkersee... That piston is out of my spare motor I bought for $78.00 off the high desert a few years ago. Its the motor in my truck now after rebuilding it. The @sshole told me he replaced it because eeaat had high miles on it. Used it up driving back and forth to Mexico... No problemo. I plan to rebuild and sleeve it anyways.... Well it turns out number 5 rod broke and the motor was locked up. I could have killed that @ass. But as most can see that motor was fine internally. The rod didn't break any of the cylinders or crank. So I'm running an almost free motor. That piston was out of that motor and I really wonder what made all those big marks in the top. In some of the pics you can see the edges of the piston are cruched down far enough to pinch the top ring so it ran for for some time by the piston wear marks. Gives a very good testament as to how tuff these motors are.

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    542.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    560.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    591.9 KB · Views: 8

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have the cylinder spacing demensions. Between each cylinder the web is .750 thick. The 7.3 bore is 4.100. That makes the centers at 4.850. Hope this helps... What are you making up gaskets for.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have the cylinder spacing demensions. Between each cylinder the web is .750 thick. The 7.3 bore is 4.100. That makes the centers at 4.850. Hope this helps... What are you making up gaskets for.

thanks, that helps confirm my measurements on my end. i believe Steve wants some gaskets capable of holding high boost numbers.