6.0 possible injector issues

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having it hot helps a lot doing the test. Even more critical is having enough volume of air at a high enough pressure. Keep in mind the pressure that this system runs at. Helps to have compressor that’s not regulated down for small hand tools on the line you’re using.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Plug in the block heater......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I just woke up I had forgotten about the block heater and I’ve got a big gas powered 180psi compressor I’ll try.i tryed to start it and couldn’t even build 50 psi this mornin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Then I would bet you will have no problem. Lol
Mine leaked after a few seconds. It was maybe a 120 or so.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Then I would bet you will have no problem. Lol
Mine leaked after a few seconds. It was maybe a 120 or so.

Last time we do it we were pushin 100-120 psi. Imma test the passenger side first cause that’s the ones we’ve had problems with it’s acting just like the blown injector o ring and only building 40 psi.if it’s another o ring this trucks gettin injectors

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be worthwhile to use the ipr fitting. It will pressurize the whole system.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It would be worthwhile to use the ipr fitting. It will pressurize the whole system.
I plan on it inless I here something when I do the passenger side.imma do it first since that’s been the problem side and if it sounds good I’ll pull the ipr an check it and pressure test it there

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok so I haven’t gotten a chance to pressure test it this week I’ve been swamped tryna get my equipment ready to move but I tryed to start it today outta curiosity.cranked on it and the hpo was slowly building and I noticed my oil pressure gauge never moved to the middle like it had any oil pressure at all.it is tryna build hpo though but very slowly

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I don’t believe I’ll be testin it with hot oil the truck won’t run lol.imma try an test it ASAP but I’ve got a lot goin on like every one else does the next 2 days

With a decent scan tool, like Autoenginuity or one of the others, youncan command the ipr closed and shop air test the hp oil sytem easily. From what you're describing, sounds like the ipr stuck open and is dumping all the oil pressure or an injector oring puked or the oring retsiner grenaded.

You must be registered for see images attach

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I gotta figure out why I’m not building oil pressure first I never thought to look the other night and see if I was but I’m building hpo now super slow but I’m not building lpo