6.0 intake box

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind, is the 6.0 Turbo sits at an angle with the cold intake side pointing toward the drivers front. It sits just about where the intake hole is on an IDI…

You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that battery looks small to me. Should have greater length and width!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That was temporary thing. Trying to chase down a possible bad battery. That is indeed, not a Group 65 that should be in there. I think that is a Group 26R that I had sitting around from a different vehicle. It now has a New set of 65’s….

If you have any questions, or need something specific… let me know… since I have easy access to a 6.0….. right now it’s back to being my Daily…..

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always liked the 6.4 powerstroke filter set up myself. They don't have the angle on it like the 6.0 does. I feel it'd be easier to work with that and then a 45° boot over to the turbo. I don't know the specs on it, but I feel it has to be similar to the 6.0 in terms of airflow and filtration.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked the 6.4 powerstroke filter set up myself. They don't have the angle on it like the 6.0 does. I feel it'd be easier to work with that and then a 45° boot over to the turbo. I don't know the specs on it, but I feel it has to be similar to the 6.0 in terms of airflow and filtration.
Yes, an acquaintance of mine has a 6.4, seems like that would maybe work better, but I couldn’t find a full assembly with all tubes for a 6.4, much less at any reasonable price…
However, I think the 6.4 box can use 6.0 tubes, they use the same filter, after all…

I would think a 6.4 filter will work if a 6.0 filter works, same filter element, 6.4 one is in a box, the 6.0 one more or less is the box…

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With ordering the tubes and filter ends and everything, and a new filter element, think I’m in this like $190.

The guys at the parts store, I know all of them, gave me a funny look when I asked for an air filter for an 06 Powerstroke… they wouldn’t let me leave until I explained myself… they seemed relieved…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
think I’m in this like $190.
That doesn't sound too bad at all. especially considering how expensive the 6.0 filter is.
The guys at the parts store, I know all of them, gave me a funny look when I asked for an air filter for an 06 Powerstroke… they wouldn’t let me leave until I explained myself… they seemed relieved…
Next time tell them that you're not someone who punches things into a computer. You actually know what you're talking about! See how they react to that one!

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time tell them that you're not someone who punches things into a computer. You actually know what you're talking about! See how they react to that one!
Well no, they thought I bought a 6.0, and were worried that would financially drain me, and when I said I’m not using the filter on a 6.0, they wanted to know what I was doing with it. I get along with the people in there real good, all upstanding folks, and I see them places besides the parts store.

They’ll even look through the books if it’s not in the computer, and if they can’t get the part, they’ll tell you where you can. It’s hands down the best parts store I’ve ever been to or dealt with.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Sounds like a good place to go. There's not many of those places left. Which one is it? You should still tell them that just to see their reactions.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good place to go. There's not many of those places left. Which one is it? You should still tell them that just to see their reactions.
In Council Grove, about the only good thing in that town.

Nah, don’t want to p i s s them off

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intake arrives Monday, truck won’t be ready though… getting closer, but waiting on that guy to get the transmission fixed. No pressure on him though, he’s busy enough. Just whenever works, don’t need the truck till it gets colder out

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a little bit more expensive, decided to order a battery tray for a 6.0 power stroke, since it has the exact mount required for the air filter, and has the battery turned sideways so that it fits better.

I will need to find a 3.75” to 2.75” boot for the intake to fit up to my Hypermax Engineering turbo, as it has a fairly small inlet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online