5 speed

chinsmackers

Reaction score
i friend is about to junk an '89 f-450 with a gasser 460 and a 5-spd (not zf-5). would that tranny fit on the '89 7.3? i know it's not the preferable zf-5, but my e4od is going downhill and i really don't want an automatic again.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i friend is about to junk an '89 f-450 with a gasser 460 and a 5-spd (not zf-5). would that tranny fit on the '89 7.3? i know it's not the preferable zf-5, but my e4od is going downhill and i really don't want an automatic again.

On a side note he shouldn't just "junk" the F-Superduty. There are a lot of hard to get parts on that truck, the rear axle in particular. I'd bolt my externals onto a F-Superduty chassis in a heartbeat.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Put it on ebay. That tranny will fetch a thousand pretty easy, and the e brake assy will get 500 or so. Rear axle is worth some too.

the superduty has a 4x4 tranny, and the bolt pattern is different, but you can easily get what you need for what that will sell for.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note he shouldn't just "junk" the F-Superduty. There are a lot of hard to get parts on that truck, the rear axle in particular. I'd bolt my externals onto a F-Superduty chassis in a heartbeat.
Got a rolling chassis with a clean title for sale:D
kali is upping the license fees on these mini-brutes to get rid of them from the small operators. cookoo
makes it tough for me to sell my stuff-cuss

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got a good Z-5 I can put you in cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Staff online

Members online