4 Inch Exhaust

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today I had my 4 inch system cut, fabricated and installed locally. The best part is I no longer have the problem getting the down pipe off the straight pipe. I just left the3 inch down pipe resting in the 4 inch for better flow.....:dunno cookoo ... Not really, just kidding ya'all. What I did at that joint is install a coupler that joins the same diameter pipes together in a but joint. It was bought from Vouracias Motorsports on the east coast. Cost about $32.00 but I'll never have problems removing the down pipe again from the pipe where the u-bolt clamps crush the joint. The length of 4 inch from there to the tail pipe just in front of the axle is 99 inches long. Then it goes up over the axle and out behind the tire. You guys should have seen that monster sitting on the bench after it was tac welded in position. I had aready bought a reducer from 4 to 3 inch but didn't need it. They had a mandre that swedges down the 4 inch to 3 inch and looks great. I was really impressed at how they did all they did. I asked for some extra clearance in the back but they felt cutting a pie section out of the pipe would cause the smooth flow to bind some so they worked it out another way and it sure fits tight. The owner has a late model Dodge with a Cummins putting out 700 hp and the trans is failing. I told him I would ask around about who builds a good Dodge trans. Tarvis... Got any numbers of trns builders.l I know,,,, I should have taken pictures of it but gees... I still have a problem reducing the file size of the pics I have now. Anyway thanks to Typ4 for the phone numbers and the rest of you guys I'm now ready to run up some miles on this motor..... Maybe a trip to BTS for a tune up if needed or just a blast down I-40 for $hits and giggles. Welding Works in Orange Ca. 714-744-5854.... Mine was really custom so don't ask what it cost but it was well worth the effort I watched them put into it...

Last edited: