30k miles maintenance.

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know off hand what i should have done at 30k miles on an 03' 4x4 with a 47re? i've just been doing the lube/oil/fuel filter stuff until now. i was thinking all i need to have done is the tranny fluid changed. it's coming up on 35k miles now. i'm pretty sure there is no valve adjustment.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kyle Graham

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could change tranny and transfer fluids those 47re's really like amsoil sythentic you will notice a smoother trasnmission afterwards.

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '01 that I have doesn't need valve adjustment till 100 or 150k I am not sure if the 3rd gen are the same or not, but I would guess they would be close.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30k service: as performed by a dealership: trans FLUSH!!!
front and rear diff service(actually supposed to be done every 15k according to AAM) trans case service, lof, wiper blades and air filter, tire rotation and balance, brake inspection, and you have to use mopar synthetic diff lube..or kiss your diffs goodbye.

amps

Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
30k service: as performed by a dealership: trans FLUSH!!!
front and rear diff service(actually supposed to be done every 15k according to AAM) trans case service, lof, wiper blades and air filter, tire rotation and balance, brake inspection, and you have to use mopar synthetic diff lube..or kiss your diffs goodbye.

i actually had all that done... but the strange thing was that i left a fuel filter and oil filter for them to use during the 30k mile change.

i told my wife to have them change fuel filter and it was in the back seat..

when she asked them about changing it later in the day. they said the fuel filter was in the gas tank.... i guess they thought it was a gasser...

yeah...i know. dealers. :rolleyes:

i'll change it. no biggie. :D

Last edited:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:backoff easy on the dealers :backoff
i'm a dodge dealer mechanic...and at least i know where the fuel filters are..theyre probably havin the oil changers do the filter services, i like to think of myself as a knowledgable service tech, dont let the few idiots in the dealership put a bad rep on everyone. we're not all retarded. ;Really

amps

Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
i'm a dodge dealer mechanic...

you're right.. i've had some very good service at times. didn't mean to paint you all with the same broad brush. it's great to have a mechanic on the site, especially one that works on my favorite trucks!

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no prob, it gets old havin a label put on you cuz some mechs are retarded parts changers, if any problems are posted, if i dont know off hand from experiance i do research till i come up with a resourceful answer. really sux i had to sell my 24v and get an old ass chev 6.2 and still have to work on these cummins rigs at work...keeps me lookin to the future though when i'll be powered by another cummins, or i had a brainstorm the other day, if the ol' 6.2 ***** out, put an old 12 valver in there, now i just need to find someone who makes an adapter for the cummins to a 700r4 trans ;Sweet then i'll be set ;Sweet

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
i'm a dodge dealer mechanic...and at least i know where the fuel filters are..theyre probably havin the oil changers do the filter services, i like to think of myself as a knowledgable service tech, dont let the few idiots in the dealership put a bad rep on everyone. we're not all retarded. ;Really

so I pay the same rate using "oil changers" vs. real mechanics? Not with my money!