if'n ya knowhutImean ;p :D

I surely don't need no stocking stuffers down my pants...LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geonc said:
:D ;Sweet :thumbsup:
Shimmed the bumper 3/4" and they only rub the springs on full lock/off camber.
They don't bulge as much as I was led to believe ;Sweet
These are the best I have for now......
Nice geo, looks great and I'm glad that your happy with them.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
cool, i might run some nitos when i get ready to put some big boy meats back on my truck (spring 07 hopefully i'll be back on the farm)

when you get it dirty post how well they preform with a little mud on them, i would like to know how they stack up against at BFG AT

hheynow said:
I don't know why people use such large sizes. :confused:
I have (what I believe to be) the quietest tires with a true hiway rib in stock 235/85/16.
Forget snow or mud with these tires...but for my needs they're a great heavy duty tire.

i like the look of a tire that fills up the fender well, and the big ones do come in handy when the situation gets sloppy, i think the wider tires like 305's and 315's perform better on a heavy truck like ours because they give it more floatation especially with a heavy trailer.. currently i'm running a 265 Michelin LTX/MS and for someone that doesn't leave the pavement much they are great tires as well and they are 10ply with a huge load rating... and my fuel milleage increased by 2mpg+ after the swap

with tires its all a trade off because your not going to find a tire that has great traction, is quiet, gets good fuel econ, and handles great... i just pick the one that suits my needs the best, and gripe about what it won't do LOL

if i didn't drive my truck very far and didn't have to get it under a trailer or had another truck i could use for work i would have a set of 40"ers on the old gal :thumbsup:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
jlayne said:
if i didn't drive my truck very far and didn't have to get it under a trailer or had another truck i could use for work i would have a set of 40"ers on the old gal

How did we go from tires to ....WHOOPS! never mind...wrong forum :D ;p

Yea, I can't wait to see how the NITTO's do in this wet red clay :D

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
jlayne said:
with tires its all a trade off because your not going to find a tire that has great traction, is quiet, gets good fuel econ, and handles great... i just pick the one that suits my needs the best, and gripe about what it won't do LOL

I couldn't disagree with you more. Mine do all of the above BUT are USELESS in snow or mud. BTW, These are the type of tires that UPS puts on their trucks. ;Sweet My idea of good traction is wet roadways not ice, snow or mud.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I've got 295 BFG AT/KO's on the 97 F250 & the bumper is shimmed (and has been since early 98) and I'm running the stock Alcoa rims. Personally I'd not go with a wider tire as the 295's are seriously pushing the max with on the stock rim.

Have not popped a bead yet, but.........................................

Next time I get tires it's going to be a tall but narrow tire me thinks as the 295's look great, but are a tad to wide for the rim when it comes to off roading up in dem hills due to safety issues & popping a bead.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
geonc said:
Even on dry days, getting that trailer loaded with a curved stair or the welding trailer to the house requires 4wd....one of the reasons I bought the truck ;Sweet

And you trust the auto hubs :confused: If it is that important to have 4x4 I would go with some manuals.

Adrianspeeder

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
adrianspeeder said:
And you trust the auto hubs :confused: If it is that important to have 4x4 I would go with some manuals.

Adrianspeeder

Well........they ARE on the list :D
Knock on wood :hail :hail they haven't let me down yet!

Truth be told......I was hopeing to buy a set of manual locking hubs already attached to a Dana 60 :Sly

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
geonc said:
Truth be told......I was hopeing to buy a set of manual locking hubs already attached to a Dana 60 :Sly

Good idea. Although manual hubs are a PITA when it's freezing outside, I'm glad mine has them. Will a Dana 60 fit under your Christmas tree? :D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Good idea. Although manual hubs are a PITA when it's freezing outside, I'm glad mine has them. Will a Dana 60 fit under your Christmas tree? :D

;Sweet {wringing hands and smirking all evil like} :Sly :D

I'll MAKE room! :eek: LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online