$260 86 Ford F350 Build

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
That truck could have been hauled to the scrapper and got more money that that! thats a nice truck!

I know around here they pay 10 dollars per hundred pounds for scrap metal and vehicles and junk, so that would be woth atleast 600 dollars for junk:eek:

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
In keeping with the good deal you got, I would head to a junkyard and look for a bed, or at the very least, you can find some scrap steel to use. Nice truck by the way, really clean!

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That radio is of no use to the off road community. Might be able to trade it for one that will work though. Try posting it on twowayshopper.com for trade for the kenwood tm-271 or a motorola version. I believe that the tm-271 is a VHF or 2 meter radio. The GTX trunked radio will not be compatable.

r08ert209cali

Reaction score
Yeah I did a little research on the radio it looks like it is worth about $75 to someone in the market for one. But then that would make the truck sub $200 hmm.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ghunt have any more pics of the stacks in your Avatar? How loud are they? Are you running Mufflers?

Yep...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/Red_LX/truckside.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/Red_LX/trucksnow.jpg

Although, I just put them back on and mounted them up about 4-5" higher, so they actually clear the roof of the cab by several more inches and I think they look better that way. No new pics at the moment.

I've always had mufflers with them (too loud without)- with stacks on a regular cab, it's difficult to find a setup that doesn't resonate inside the cab at certain RPM's and give you a headache. At the moment I have a resonator AND a muffler, and it's pretty quiet, but I'm still playing with it a bit.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I hate you with prejudice....You Cally' people and your rust free sheetmetal....Geesh....I don't know if I should get a ***** or puke at the site of that for $260.:love::hail

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this! Was it offered at $260 or did you talk him down? I keep thinking a 4x4 like that with service boxed under the bed and hidden air compressor, tanks on the far side of the driveshaft from the fuel tank, and a warmed over IDI would be the cats ass work truck ;Sweet

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
:flipaDon't take that the wrong way......

For $260, you CAN'T go wrong. That thing looks like it's in GREAT shape!! Why can't I find something like that?!-Drool:frustrate

No joke, one that runs AND drives at that! Only deals I can find are for trucks so rusty the doors are falling off or it is has cracked engine/trans! :dunno

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I just got a wrecked truck for $400 and all I wanted was the engine/trans/fuel tanks ;Really

r08ert209cali

Reaction score
Ghunt I like it
You must be registered for see images attach

It was offered for $250 plus $10 to deliver from Oakdale to Modesto Did not have the heart to talk him down any even though he said obo in his email to me.

No upgrades for a while unless I find a good deal on a turbo, But then I would have to do head gaskets so not on top of the priority list. Just trying to get some money together for the bed right now, kinda hard with deer season coming up.

I would like to do stacks like in Ghunts truck pictured above.

If I was to do the turbo I would run propane on it as well.