2020 Oilburners New Hampshire rally

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just in case and it might change but there was some restrictions on visitors or people with no reservations. since staying with our group probably not a big deal but might not hurt to ask the campground. i will be calling them this week to check in on that.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I hate to say it but I am going to have to cancel my reservations. Due to the shutdown all my April and May work is hitting now.

My biggest project that I've overseen since day one comes online July 6th. I will be there till the 15th. So that kills any chance of me making the rally.

Pretty bummed but it's just how everything played out this year.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dirtleg I'm sorry to hear that. I know this Covid stuff has been rough on everyone. We will miss you, but hopefully we will see you guys next year!

@no mufflers do you have any plans for stuff going on for the week? I wasn't sure if you had any ideas for group meals or anything. Megan and I were trying to plan a train ride and didn't want to buy tickets on the same date as something that is in the works for the group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was looking forward to seeing ya Greg. hopefully next year.

in terms of plans, probably do a taco Tuesday and defiantly a pot luck. can leave the pot luck date open since Alex will be leaving sooner and plan it as a group so it works for all. nothing else is set in stone.

if anyone is making plans for things to do please mention so we could maybe do it as a group. there are several attractions close by that should keep us busy and be fun. there is a scenic drive we can do on whatever day will be nice out, good pictures and mountain view (also the route to mt Washington). i believe most of our trucks might be allowed to drive the auto road. if not a couple could car pool, or they have tours we can do and also the cog railway to the summit. i really wanted to reserve a private drive but we dont have enough people to split the cost of it.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For us if you post an updated itinerary that would be helpful. We want to participate in as many activities as we can and I always feel like we don't know what's going on haha

For taco night we can do vampire meat but I have switched from flank steak to a softer cut of beef, I don't know why everyone loves flank steak, it is too chewy for me

Is anyone bringing a smoker?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For us if you post an updated itinerary that would be helpful. We want to participate in as many activities as we can and I always feel like we don't know what's going on haha

For taco night we can do vampire meat but I have switched from flank steak to a softer cut of beef, I don't know why everyone loves flank steak, it is too chewy for me

Is anyone bringing a smoker?

I was bringing a smoker. Not now.:(

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll check with my dad if he can bring his smoker.

I'll try to get a rough itinerary going so ya'll got an idea of the week.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you will be making the trip! I can check with the campground. General rule is the 6ft thing but us all being a group might not be bothered. I am thinking it won't really be enforced much, also probably a preference thing. I don't plan on wearing a mask most of the time, only when required. I'm assuming when we go into more public places the mask rule will be more enforced. I will check and post an update.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got in contact with the campground.. new Hampshire has lifted all restrictions, pretty much everything is open and back to normal.

some events.

the auto road to the summit of mt Washington is fully open. the guided tours are currently closed and not sure on the cog railroad. as of now we can all drive our self's up the mountain. if some are not comfortable driving we can ride with others or will have to wait on updates on the tours or railroad.

we can do this any day. try to aim for a really nice day and when we are all together. last time i went in june had 70mph gusts and around 30 to 40 degrees.

awesome view.

You must be registered for see images attach

will have a taco tuesday.

probably have the potluck on Wednesday. can move it around to another day if need be.

there are some nice scenic train rides and areas to drive to as fillers, also a gorge and bolder cave close by to walk through.

i believe there are a couple antique museums to check out also.