1st Bronco Diesel conversion...starts here!....FINALLY..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuppers boys....update...

Got windshield cut out...and a cracked one in temporarily for now. Also took the truck to town today...got some weight checked on the scale.

With the service box
Front 1690 Kilograms
Rear 1760 Kilo

Without servicebox

Front 1680 Kilo
Rear 830 Kilo

Had half tank fuel in rear tank only nothing in front tank.

Ian plasma cut the 6 bolt heads off the frame mounts for the service box, used an air chisel to punch them out and this is the result

You must be registered for see images attach

That was my morning today....so now at home will check frame and compare to the bare primed one I have, see if moving that rear axle ahead is an option worth exploring.....hmmm

Other wise..maybe cut and section the thick Bronco frame and add the rear portion of it to this 1 ton front ...hard to say...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man! I want a cool outdoor hoist overlooking a mountain lake like that one! I can't see Shi* from my place. LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man! I want a cool outdoor hoist overlooking a mountain lake like that one! I can't see Shi* from my place. LOL

ME TOO...and the lake view is awesome...that crane folds down too...the reach arm folds down to the tower and the tower has a hinge and folds flat into the vineyard as well...top that off it's got a base in about 2 yards of concrete...Ya he's got a nice setup there for sure!

Got offered some used helicopter blades while there...might just do that! And hang em on wall!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday KanadianCC4x4 and I went to town and picked up 87 SC 4x4 C6 for 200 bucks for him. has a reman engine from Northern engines in Prince George, unkown miles or hours...

appeared the GP system didn't work, we turned if over a while and nothing ....so while turning it over lil whiff of crack in a can and vrooom fired up! Drove it home no problems runs good!

Later he stopped by my place and we began to bone the red rhino, got the seat out for the white rhino, got the column out and dash completely removed along with pedal assembly...aluminum was shot big time!

Going to continue when not raining pulling the rest of the AC system as my Bronco has AC too, so I can ride in comfort, I'll look at replacing the heater core when I have the whole thing in my lap...I pulled the dash to get the diesel wiring harness and allow me to eliminate some ***** the Bronco has in regards to hack wiring from previous the previous short bus window licker owner/s.

I'll string the electrics for the power door ***** while at it JIC I decide to swap on power door locks/windows at a later date!

Have an idea for a sweet gauge panel for the Bronco....Need to see how it will look and if good, may just make a mould of part for glass version! Imagine 97-91 dash top edge, about 3" above the stock edge blended into the stock dash allowing room for 4 x 2 5/8" gauges above he stock instrument cluster....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...well...fortune falls on those whom wait.....a deck to borrow for a short while...it bolts onto the frame with stock box bolt holes...and I can use it while I work on Bronco and prep for turbo diesel install and solid axle swap.

And I went out last weekend with a friend and set a geocache and this is the view just up above my place looking down...enjoy

Ya...I live here!

Oh and my body shop friend says I can either borrow his mig....bring home work on truck...or bring truck to his place and work on it there...hmmm...sounds to me like I need to get my 220 wired up and FAST...he uses the same plug as my pressure washer so that's good...need to get that part done asap!

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of work you managed

Thank you its not the easiest right now, I am enjoying it.

Lil update today, Wed, wife helped me a bunch, she worked at pulling the trashed seat and we installed the one from the Red rhino SC so I gotta split bench..but most of all its not worn out and is comfortable. I swapped out the front tank as it leaked and I got red rhino one installed.

Yyesterday we flipped the deck from the donor/lenders truck onto the white truck, and am now legal, mud flaps wheels covered and I can haul parts for my build. While sliding it over, tore the feed and return lines off the rear tank right where they go in the tank, just broke the plastic did not damage the metal part of the line.

Fixed that and here is what I have now, just gotta sort out some rear lights and done!

Now I can get busy with Bronco again and deal with the suspension and fire wall mods

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to work on this pig again....

Start with some rear springs soon, but for now I'll loosely put a 1 ton rear diff in, as I sold the 8.8 out of it already :D

Too many projects but I've got to get this rolling it's in front of the shop, DOH! with no rear axle and cannot roll! Hmmm...

Wow been while since I ah posted in this thread.