1994 f250 turbo project

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
DavidS,

It very well could be, you are advancing the timing when you energize the other soleniod on the IP.

I share frequently members should save up and buy a timing meter. Timing is everything on these IDI’s and doing it by ear or butt dyno only gets you close. $200 is not a trivial amount of money but it’s about having the right tool for the job.

You can try moving the IP a dimes thickness towards the passenger fender a couple times to see if you can find the sweet spot. Likely if Your timing is off it will run better.

DavidS

Reaction score
So I called a diesel injection specialty shop near me to ask about checking the timing on this truck. He wasn't much interested in the timing issue. After describing my situation he recommended a rebuild on the pump, which they do in-house. He said i was just compensating for the decreased "hot" performance of a worn out IP by energizing the cold advance and fussed at me for put an old/unverified condition pump on top of my freshly rebuilt motor. I think some folks on here said the same thing at the time, but finances were what they were.
Some further inspection of the pump revealed some wetness at the bottom, which I could not trace to any fitting so I'm assuming is coming from the weep hole. Am I correct in understanding this is also a sign of a worn out pump?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7