1990 F350 Parts truck down the road from me

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I know I've asked stupid stuff like this before, but I always need to be schooled again.
I found a 1990 F350 right down the road from my house while I was in search for a D60 axle for a friend of mine. The truck hasnt been driven in 2 years supposedly. But its a 7.3IDI truck with a brand new E4OD transmission in it. My friend know's my dad has his 94 project truck that needs an engine and transmission, and he's asking if we'll go in on the deal with him.
Im not sure about a whole lot of the details on the truck, but I figure if we're gonna buy it and part it out Im going to try getting the truck out of the deal and my friend gets the axle and everything he needs there.
Anyway, the guy says the tranny is brand new and cost him over $3400 from a company out of state specializing in the E4OD's. Im thinking its possible its a Brians Transmissions special. :drool:
The guy said he wants $3000 for the whole truck. But Im thinking im not even going to bother unless he takes considerably less.
From the details I have given so far, what price are you guys thinking?
Thanks,
Sean

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing relevant to add other than you should send me the D60 and appropriate parts for my truck. Don't they grow on trees in Nebraska?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
LOL Not exactly. Most F350's around here are still in service, and making a parts truck out of one is an action punishable by death. lol You'll probably die knowing my friend is going to be using the axle, not in a ford, but a CHEBBY! lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That out of state trans could be from Jaspers or Suncoast. You really need to get ubder it and see what it is before you try bidding on it. That price sounds really high for something that has not run in 2 years... Why has it sat that long too...

tractorman86

Reaction score
nope on a truck that hasn't moved in two years and is relatively un known i wouldnt pay over 2k for it. LOL that is funny i'm talking like i have money:rolleyes:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well this might give a frame of reference, my BIL and i went in on a F250 for 1500 with a blown turbo motor. we thought it was a decent deal, i wanted the turbo, he needed the trans and plow and the rest we parted. it was a running truck that one of the people working for the deal blew running it to another location. it only had a D50 on it though.