1989 F-250 7.3 Project

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving this. I can hardly wait to get mine back from the shop to see what else I can **** with. Living vicariously through you guys, in the mean time. :D

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunday.

Cab mount bushings and hardware will be here tomorrow for install.
Cardboard templates complete for the floorplans once the bushings are in.
Gas tank out.
Sending unit had return line capped. I thought the IDI fuel system would want the fuel to return to the tank?
Shower head floating in the tub.
Driver side front lower door pillar complete.

New side tank, new sending unit, new tank straps and hardware, and new passenger side cab corner ordered.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, the little "duck-bill" check valve on the return is normal.

Okay I played with it initially might have been stuck. After reading your edit that makes sense.

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be totally wrong here but:

I'm no welder but I've done enough to know that if instead of cutting the new sheet right at the cardboard template you make it all like 1/2" OVERLAPPING then the weld will be FAR easier and stronger to boot. Since it'll all be covered up in carpet the looks won't matter one tiny bit and it should save a bundle of time. If there is a better way I'm all ears just trying to help out.

I'm a little(lot) envious that you have both a garage your rig will fit inside and time to do all of this... git r done!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be totally wrong here but:

I'm no welder but I've done enough to know that if instead of cutting the new sheet right at the cardboard template you make it all like 1/2" OVERLAPPING then the weld will be FAR easier and stronger to boot. Since it'll all be covered up in carpet the looks won't matter one tiny bit and it should save a bundle of time. If there is a better way I'm all ears just trying to help out.

I'm a little(lot) envious that you have both a garage your rig will fit inside and time to do all of this... git r done!
The templates are good to create because you should aim to use the amount of new metal that is necessary.

The template is then taken and traced with a wide tip permenant marker. It is cut on the outside of the marker trace. This gives a 1/4 to 1/2 lap weld.

In the pics there are also annotations on the templates. This is for true ups.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too! I can shoehorn my truck into my garage, but it doesn't really "fit" lol

Looks like a great job so far!
"Tank" is always welcome to visit PA.
Right now one disassembled brick nose is taking up 2.5 garage bays. Once the bed is on that bay will become the drivetrain area for the motor and tranny build.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Tank" is always welcome to visit PA.
Right now one disassembled brick nose is taking up 2.5 garage bays. Once the bed is on that bay will become the drivetrain area for the motor and tranny build.

Tank has been to PA quite a few times actually. That being said, Grantville is usually the farthest East in PA we go.

I may be out that way later this year, I should have some parts to get from @subway. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. If it's something I can work out I'll shoot you a PM!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tank has been to PA quite a few times actually. That being said, Grantville is usually the farthest East in PA we go.

I may be out that way later this year, I should have some parts to get from @subway. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. If it's something I can work out I'll shoot you a PM!
Sounds good man.
My profile I had selected a random birthday and the location wasn't correct.
I fixed it and updated the county.
I've met subway he isn't far from me. If it works out we can grab food or something.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Sounds good man.
My profile I had selected a random birthday and the location wasn't correct.
I fixed it and updated the county.
I've met subway he isn't far from me. If it works out we can grab food or something.

let me know, i would not mind meeting up for some food lol

nice progress on the floors! i need to get working on mine before it gets to late to save them easily.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last 4 weeks tackled a big project that supports the IDI, thanks to my electrician buddy. With the weather rapidly declining in PA I figured it was time.

My garage originally had a 60amp subpanel from the 200amp main panel for the house. Disconnected that, ripped all of the electrical out of the garage. Got a dedicated 200amp service to the garage, wired all new everything, got an electric heater, a 3ft shuttered exhaust fan for venting the garage, and LED lighting to be able to see.

I moved truck parts to the back bay and put up some commercial shelving to stack the C6 and transfer case that are coming out of the truck.
I then have one of the front bays that I'm building a run stand.

I'll be tied up next week but following that the truck stuff will pick back up.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that is great, something that is really lacking in my garage is decent lighting. LED lighting and a nice heater should make things much nicer to work on throughout the year!