1987 F250 Seat Replacement

70Post455

Reaction score
I just bought my Pickup and it is a 1987 F250 4x4, singlecab setup.
The seat is worn out and torn up pretty bad. I would like to replace the seat with a nicer one. I am curious as to what year of seats will all interchange with the one I have?
I plan to call a few salvage yards in the area and see what they may have, but I first need to know what all years will interchange.
Thanks,
Tom

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mid 90's pickups has some real nice cloth seats in them with the center armrest. I bought one last year for $30 and have seen them for sale for under $60.

The bolts that go into the floor can be very difficult to get out since the bottoms are exposed. I.e. the bolt can break off if it does not turn. The seats have 4 bolts holding them to the base, and you are best off bolting your new seat to the old base if the bolt spacings are the same (they were on the one I did).

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i replaced the ratty vinal bench in my F-350 with one from a 94 F-150. all 92-96/7 F-series will have a nice cloth seat (except base models and ext cabs). some ven came with a 40/20/40.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I just had the drivers seat base in my 91 re-foamed today at a local glass shop....Cost me $100, a little too firm for my liking but with my 225lbs sitting on the thing it won't take long to soften up.:rotflmao....Bucket seats - the pass side seat is like new - near mint.;Sweet

70Post455

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the seats. I was pretty sure I could go for a mid 90's seat so as to get a little nicer one. Also thanks for the URL on the car parts. I did see on there that quite a few slavage yards in the area have some seats.
The nice thing with my truck being silver in color, almost any color seat will look ok.
Thanks,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online