1987 7.3 oil cooler

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry you found a hole but happy you are mostly done with a Cummins swap. Keep us updated so we can help.

doctordiesel

Reaction score
Where is hole...this thread is useless without pics

The hole was in the block through to the water jacket quite high up on the right hand side of the v or valley water was leaking into the sump pan . I didnt fancy repairing it so I have junked the engine we need the truck to be reliable as its our wrecker . I am now fitting a Cummins 6BT 5.9 210 hp with a ZF5 speed manual trans .

doctordiesel

Reaction score
Sorry you found a hole but happy you are mostly done with a Cummins swap. Keep us updated so we can help.

Swap is going fairly good . Main problem was I had under estimated the length of the Cummins compared to the v8 10 inch body lift helped but still not much room for the radiator and intercooler . Going to extend the grille forward and make a Raptor style front end ,we need to change the headlamps to RHD units best guess at the moment will be Volvo 760 . The one thing I do need help with is finding a ZF shift tower .The engine and trans came out of a UK DAF cabover truck so the trans was behind the driver position . will try and post some pictures soon

doctordiesel

Reaction score
Yep thats what I need but having difficulty with the unwillingness of them to ship to the UK and Ebay automatically adds import duty which is not actually payable on second hand goods under $190 I did find one for $95 a few weeks ago but it would have been $300 with tax and shipping

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try a freight forwarder. They will give you a U.S. address to send to ,then they ship it on to you I use one from time to time when eBay sellers won't ship international. An Internet search will find one.