10k mod

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
any one have one of these mods? is it worth it to put one in and what are the drawbacks. i know it makes rough idle but how bad?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it? It only costs about .25 cents and takes about 10 minutes to do so...... yeah its worth it even if you dont like it and take it off and toss it in the trash.

Would really recommend gauges first before adding fuel.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
what Mike said ...I did mine---made the throttle a bit touchy so I went to 18k....didn't like it and went back to 10k then made an adjustable pot type all the way to 25k....too much work cause it will not start cold high up so you gotta remember to twist the pot back when you shut off etc.....

too much hassle for too little gain IMVHO

tractorman86

Reaction score
dont want to sound dumb, but what is the 10k mod? i am helping a buddy of mine with a 94 psd. He's got a 3"dp and wants to strait pipe the rest and we are kinda lost after that aside from buying chips, programmers, injs. for $200 a pop or hpop's for even more. and all i really know is idi's and the basics of psd's

tractorman86

Reaction score
thanks and i'd doubt it. sounds like it just ups the pop preasure not the volume of fuel. i think my brother did something like this with a riastat and a toggle switch so he could control it more on his 2000 f250 7.3.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will it work

would this work on a 1992 stock 7.3 idi with know turbo.thanks james

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
not to sure, but im sure one of the other more knowledgeable dudes on here would know.