100% WMO?

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I just talked to a guy In Iceland he has been running waste oil for years in his diesels Boat and truck he filters it down through a 5micron filter down to a 1 micron. But with the cold up there He mixes in up to 10% unleaded high octane to thin it down to start and run with no problems. He said he has 300,000. on his f350 7.3 non turbo and it has not seen diesel since it came from the dealer. He says it starts at 20 below plugged in with no tank heaters. just an extra fuel pump.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull the plugs you will see White ash on the tips. mine was built up pretty good, enough that I scraped some off pulling the plug out. I cant say if this is a good or bad thing.
it's not a good thing. those deposits are forming all over on the inside of your combustion area and on the backsides of your valves. I've seen some pretty heavy deposits in the past on the valves on the two rear cylinders (cdr issues) but when you're running straight WMO it's happening in all 8 now.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Diesel just hit $1.49/L here yesterday, more WMO in my future...LOL.....Damn near the price of milk.....Might be a good business opportunity to collect WMO and re-sell it as clean diesel fuel....I know around here they pay 7-8 cents per litre for it and then after they filter it they sell it for 35-40 cents per litre as bulk oil for waste oil furnaces.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not a good thing. those deposits are forming all over on the inside of your combustion area and on the backsides of your valves. I've seen some pretty heavy deposits in the past on the valves on the two rear cylinders (cdr issues) but when you're running straight WMO it's happening in all 8 now.

So does that mean that I might have some valve issues down the road?

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 100% motor oil now and it seems to be working fine for now. I filter mine down with dual oil filter setup from summit and then through a house water filter at 5 microns. I start my truck on my rear tank that has diesel and switch to my front tank with my oil. Only problem I have is these dang cold mornings. Oil does not seem to flow fast enough to keep up with rpms of motor.???? Or maybe my filter just needs changed.

tractorman86

Reaction score
well i ran into my first problem, i have been just running it through a paint strainer funnel into my tank, and i have a 2 micron filter and a holley red pump. i'm running what i'd guess is 75% in my back rank and all of a sudden i can't use my rear tank at all;Pissed i had a hell of a time bleading the air out the other day bcause of it. time to drop it and inspect i guess.:rolleyes:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
What are you using to filter the oil?

i am using a goldenrod 10 mic filter then a 1 mic house filter. you can pick it all up at tractor supply. i am looking into what it would take to make or buy a centerfuge then i could filter down to 1/10 of a mic and never have to worry about buying filters again.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i am using a goldenrod 10 mic filter then a 1 mic house filter. you can pick it all up at tractor supply. i am looking into what it would take to make or buy a centerfuge then i could filter down to 1/10 of a mic and never have to worry about buying filters again.

buy a centerfuge where at? I saw one some where that drop at the door was $17k:eek:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
buy a centerfuge where at? I saw one some where that drop at the door was $17k:eek:

check this out
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23353

it is a very simple machine that quite honeslty the only real hurdle i see to get through is balancing. he is closing in on having a sellable unit for around $400.

heck i have seen one guy make one from an old propane tank but i would want something better than that. i am on good terms with my machine shop, just need more time and money to follow through with my crazy ideas.:D

Jeremy

Reaction score
Filtering

Hey I'm wondering how long are the whole house waterfilters good for?

I am using Oil furnace filters that filter down to 10 mircons, but would like to get to 5. The oil furnace cartridges are only 1.50 or so each so that may be an answer for cheap filtering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online