100% WMO?

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I get about 80 gallons out of my first one and and the second one really never has to work unless i get some water it seems to collect the water i am running 100% with no problems after i changed some fuel filters on the truck and put a holey electric pump for highway driving and cold mornings I have both tanks full so I am screwed if something does happen but i have run this way for about 2 months a tank a week with no problems.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i dont keep close track but i have probubly put several hundred gallons through my filters. i have only been taking clean stuff from people i know so far though. we will see what happenes when i get from a garage.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I just started running about a 50/50 mix in my powerstroke truck. [thanks JRed !] I haven't ventured past that yet cause i just got hooked up w/ a shop this week for wmo, and I just mix the last of what I had around in today. But my stroke dosn't smoke w/ the mix, if anything it's less even though that dosn't really make much sense.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Any Ill effects?

I have been running WMO for about 1000 miles in my 81 luv diesel. It's about 60% oil to 40% diesel/Kero mixture. I love the fact I pay about 4-5 dollars to go 100 miles. I am looking to start runnning the same mixture in my 99 powerstroke. I filter well down to 5 microns and I am going to get a heat exchanger to warm up the mixture for a better viscosity. The only worry i have is if there is coking going on in the cylinders.

Was wondering how long some of you have been running wmo and what if any long term problems you may or may not have.

I can't believe how many nay sayers are out there you would think were running straight sand through the engine. Or we are killing everyone on the road behind us. I guess I could always just send the oil to the landfill like I used to:)

I figure if the injectors or pump go out a bit pre maturely we'll I'm saving a hell of a lot of fuel so ??

The possible coking sort of scares me though.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I could see coking possibly being an issue if you saw a lot of blue smoke from your exhaust but if it's black then I doubt it. A good hard pull on the highway every so often should keep it clean inside. Nay sayer's, I hear ya there....Like the other options of disposing of the WMO are so much cleaner...a Friggin waste oil furnace in a shop is a filthy device, plumes of smoke pouring out of it. Not near as clean as the smoke leaving my rig.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea i constantly hear it form the guys at work joking i will soon be steeling the tar off the road to run in my truck. hey for the money saved i got a thick skin.

as far as coking i am interested in that to. i have been running mixed tanks of WMO for the past few years and want to pull some glow plugs for a look see. i wanted to last night but was up till 2AM hooking up my heated fuel system:D

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i constantly hear it form the guys at work joking i will soon be steeling the tar off the road to run in my truck. hey for the money saved i got a thick skin.

as far as coking i am interested in that to. i have been running mixed tanks of WMO for the past few years and want to pull some glow plugs for a look see. i wanted to last night but was up till 2AM hooking up my heated fuel system:D

I'd love to see what the plugs look like, I've been concerned about mine.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you a peak soon. I'll be refreshing the fuel system on the Moosestang. The extensive WMO use has worn the IP past tolerable limits, and I'm sure my spray patterns are gone. I'll be doing a write up on the inspection process when I do it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'll give you a peak soon. I'll be refreshing the fuel system on the Moosestang. The extensive WMO use has worn the IP past tolerable limits, and I'm sure my spray patterns are gone. I'll be doing a write up on the inspection process when I do it.

How much did you run through it?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity I took all 8 GP's out tonight, they came out a little harder than I remember last time. Some white buildup but nothing outrageous. I even managed to get #7 out (friggin Autolite GP's-cuss I put a Beru in it's place), I couldn't get 7 out last time. All 8 were tested, hit the wire wheel and went back in.;Sweet Might be a good test to do it in 2 months to see what buildup if any occurs.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I guess every couple of months I should throw our boat on the hitch (5000pounds), and go for a half hour drive. Find some nice hills, and go WOT up them, around 1200 degrees for a minute or two to burn off all the carbon.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Mine had a hard pull last night, had an F250 4x4 on the trailer for a long grade uphill out near the airport. She won't get any hotter than she would on the airport hill...LOL

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on running some Seafoam to clean out the carbon buildup? I can tell you it works great on a gasser, never tried Seafoam on a diesel though :dunno .

sassyrel

Reaction score
ill repeat--water mist injection-----when water is injected---it creates---------------STEAM-------- in the combustion chamber--which will clean out anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! and wire it into a 7 lb switch hooked your turbo---if no turbo--wait till your going down the hwy--and turn on the water mist--i mile run or so should clean it out-----------and on the matter of filtering the oil--thats why i said i filter it to 5 microns-------as the factory filter is 5--but thats not absolute--thats nominal--meaning larger stuff will go thru that filter for a while--and thru your inj pump---which will stand nothing more than absolute 5-----------------------i got this from the man that rebuilts my inj pumps--and hes certified in a lot of brands--just not cat---as they seem to think you have to be special to do their pumps!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online