100% WMO?

7.3lover

Reaction score
what are you guys filtering the wmo with before pupming it into the fuel tank. i seen some pretty pricey equipment but surely theres cheaper things out there.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 10 20 microns. any one of those is good. The thing is the fuel filter on these trucks is a 2 micron, so what you are doing when you filter it is you are making sure that it doesn't gum anything up along the way, say the fuel pump or the fuel pick up in the tank.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The picture that I posted was of my setup. I just went to goodwill and bought the thickest pair of jeans I could find, then made a halo out of a coat hanger. It takes about 20 minutes to drain down after I fill it up with 5W20 that I pull out of cars. Since it takes so long I figure that its doing a pretty good job of filtering, let the filter on the truck take care of the rest. I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and about 600 miles with no filter change and no ill affects.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, almost a month and 1500 miles on 100%. Not even a filter change yet, no difference in power or smoke. Its great to drive around for free!

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, its all stock. I just prefilter with a pant leg before I put it in the truck. I start up and shut down on regular diesel, but as soon as the temp guage starts to move i switch over. About 5 minutes before I get where I'm going, I switch back to regular diesel again.:thumbsup: With gas prices that hit $4, and diesel that just hit 4.50, its nice to drive around for free. I haven't bought fuel in about a month....

sassyrel

Reaction score
no, its all stock. I just prefilter with a pant leg before I put it in the truck. I start up and shut down on regular diesel, but as soon as the temp guage starts to move i switch over. About 5 minutes before I get where I'm going, I switch back to regular diesel again.:thumbsup: With gas prices that hit $4, and diesel that just hit 4.50, its nice to drive around for free. I haven't bought fuel in about a month....
yup--thats the way to do it--tho as soon as its starts--you can switch to 100%wmo--as theres some diesel in the lines, and its already starting to get warm in the heads for the oil---

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good point about switching, never thought about it. I bet it takes 10 minutes to cycle out the lines. By the time it gets the oil up to the IP, its already warm.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a darn good idea. I don't know what percentage I'm running in the Moosestang, but it's darn high. So high, she wouldn't start yesterday when it was in the 40's. I'm hoping she will start tonight with it being 70 today.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im running oil in my truck, i think its like 50/50 but its probably more like 70%, but my truck smokes like a freight train when it is cold. Once it warms up its all good. But when i mean cold, i mean like 60 70 degrees.

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running 70% wvo, I only have one tank, I havent had a starting issue or filter issue yet but is this mixture to thick? Mornings have been about 45 Degrees or so. I have actually been doing pretty much the same thing with the pant leg, but I have been straining it through paint strainers first.....It actually looks pretty clean after just using the paint strainers, How much would you think that those take out.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes on a paint strainer are pretty big. On the other hand, a person coulden't even see through a pant leg. When I fill the pant leg up with oil, it takes like a half hour to empty out. I feel that the time it takes to empty is a good indicator of the filtering job its doing.