$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I doubt you'll have any gelling issues....Maybe put some ATF in the mix to keep everything mixed....I have 2 of those 300gal cubes too but I can get oil anytime I want so it's easier for me to just bring it home a little at a time as I need it. When I fill up this week I'm going to try about 30% waste oil in each tank seeing as the temp's are finally starting to warm up around here.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will probably be some ATF in it. It will be a mix of motoroil, ATF, gear oil, and whatever other oil. He puts all his oil in the same tank.

whitebear

Reaction score
That's what I'm faced with in the morning according to the news:eek: :puke: .....Crooked ********.-cuss ....My truck is due for a fillup too. Now I'm putting my WMO setup plans into full speed ahead. I have a dual filter head here - the F-inlaw is taking it to work with him in the morning at CAT to fit it for 2 micron fuel filters. I'll buy an air tank at work to use as a pressure tank to put the oil through the filters. I'm going to fill some jerry cans with clean oil for my bi-weekly fillup. My buddy with the transmission shop is going to save me some clean tranny fluid if I provide the buckets. What kind of ratio are you mixing with the ATF??? I won't be burning diesel oil - too much soot but ATF and gas engine waste oil is a go.;Sweet I bet I'll get some wierd looks at the gas stations.

ya i know fule here in Vancouver goes up and down like a yoyo diesel is 10cents a liter more than gas

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got both my tanks today and ordered my filters. So far I am still way under the cost of a fill up for my setup. I need to get a transfer pump which will probably be about $100 but I think that is the last part I need.

Next I got to get the truck running. LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
A lot of the biodiesel folks use a clear water pump from Harbor Freight that is about $30-35.

IIRC they arent very strong though, i wonder how they would hold up to oil. if you had to push or pull any length i would think a gear pump would be better.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long I am going to have to pull to get it out of my buddies tank. I am trying to get a pump that will work for getting oil into my tank, pumping it through the filters to the storage tank, and then pumping it into the truck.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC they arent very strong though, i wonder how they would hold up to oil. if you had to push or pull any length i would think a gear pump would be better.

Heh I built a pump,ford 460 oil pump direct drive to a AMC/ford starter.Output is like a fricken fire hose.I can pump 55g of cold veg oil(45 deg or so) in about 3 min ;Sweet

I'll try and get some pics up.

Oly_fab

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh I built a pump,ford 460 oil pump direct drive to a AMC/ford starter.Output is like a fricken fire hose.I can pump 55g of cold veg oil(45 deg or so) in about 3 min ;Sweet

Oly_fab

please do

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

Oly_fab

now that sounds cool, i have those parts lying around:D i would just be worried about running a starter that long, they arent rated for continous duty but might be ok if the load is much lighter.....

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is what I have and it does OK....it is slow...maybe 2 gal min tops on a warm day but it suites my needs. Any faster and my bag/sock filters wouldn't keep up. I'll sometimes restrict the flow with a ball valve so it can run continuiously.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok heres a couple pics of the prototype :D
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You can see I used a extention and a socket the socket goes on the stock hex drive for the pump and the extention allows a lil flex between the pump and motor.

Next one is goin to be a lil more stealth-like,high TQ starter/460 pump all on a optima yellow.You could even set it up on a remote door lock/unlock from a ricer....oh the insanity....LOL

Stu