01 7.3 down on power with codes

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
We have a 01 Ex with the 7.3 and lately she has been feeling a bit sluggish, recently i have changed the fuel filter and am going to be changing the air filter as well soon. I hooked her up to the scanner just to see what was up and she gave me 3 codes:

P0122: TP Sensor Low Circuit Input
P0221: THA Throttle Pedal
P1247: Turbo Boost Pressure Low

Has anyone seen these before and what was the fix for them?

Thanks Andrew

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
make sure you have a reference voltage at the sensor on the throttle pedal, but these pedals are known for reliability (or lack thereof) issues....

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I followed the test procedure from Mitchell OnDemand the test said with the scanner hooked up slowly depress pedal and watch voltage. it should not drop below .37v if it doesnt show .37v you cannot duplicate Fault at this time.

I tried that and the lowest voltage i got was .59v

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there as I have no experience with these codes but maybe the boost one is a bad intercooler boot or loose clamps thats common problems

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there as I have no experience with these codes but maybe the boost one is a bad intercooler boot or loose clamps thats common problems

under load i can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak coming from the turbo area is there a gasket or something like that in that general area?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
honestly I haven't had mine apart but I think its all boots and clamps so you may wanna take them off and inspect them for cracks and make sure they are all seated and tight when you put them back on