00really Cheap Ebay Turbo

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Look close, it's an exhaust manifold only for $109. You'd need 2. You'd also need 2 turbos. Plus lots of plumbing. I love the description of the horsepower gains.

tractorman86

Reaction score
flatlander said:
Look close, it's an exhaust manifold only for $109. You'd need 2. You'd also need 2 turbos. Plus lots of plumbing. I love the description of the horsepower gains.

well im with u flatlander! "exceptional horse power gains":rotflmao !!! could be a good start for an idea for a twin turbo setup but there are several problems. the turbo is on the front of the manifold(manifold is designed to flow towards back) which cant be a good design, u'd spend 218 just on the manifolds that someone made in their shed from some scrap metal(will probably crack and go to hell the first time u stomped on it in a hard pull) :eek: , and like mentioned above u'd have to spend big $$$ to get ahold of all the plumbing, and u'd spend even bigger $$$ to get two matching turbos which he dosnt even give any des. on :puke: (make,model or even just dimentions of the bolt pattern)!!! this is about wat he is doing to who ever buys this--> :kick: :rotflmao

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
tractorman86 said:
well im with u flatlander! "exceptional horse power gains":rotflmao !!! could be a good start for an idea for a twin turbo setup but there are several problems. the turbo is on the front of the manifold(manifold is designed to flow towards back) which cant be a good design, u'd spend 218 just on the manifolds that someone made in their shed from some scrap metal(will probably crack and go to hell the first time u stomped on it in a hard pull) :eek: , and like mentioned above u'd have to spend big $$$ to get ahold of all the plumbing, and u'd spend even bigger $$$ to get two matching turbos which he dosnt even give any des. on :puke: (make,model or even just dimentions of the bolt pattern)!!! this is about wat he is doing to who ever buys this--> :kick: :rotflmao

Got to be carefull with them sellers, they got Me but for much less money one time. The description make you think you get the turbocharger along with the manifold. Have to read it all with this suckers.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this is intended to be a single turbo setuo. Notice how the original end of the manifold is still there. You would run a crossover pipe from your right manifold, and exhaust would flow from the right manifold, through the crossover pipe, into the left manifold, and through the turbo.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
seems to me that the turbo would be in conflict (or at least the plumbing of it) with the steering box? anyone else think the welding job looks hack? unless thats a quadruple pass of some technique ive never encountered (unlikely) it looks pretty ***** to me.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
EvergreenRanch said:
seems to me that the turbo would be in conflict (or at least the plumbing of it) with the steering box? anyone else think the welding job looks hack? unless thats a quadruple pass of some technique ive never encountered (unlikely) it looks pretty ***** to me.

Yep, I wasn't real impressed with the welding either.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someones got a real sense of humor, where is the exhaust going to run, out the hood? Maybe stick it out the fender :rotflmao

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Mr_Roboto said:
I believe this is intended to be a single turbo setuo. Notice how the original end of the manifold is still there. You would run a crossover pipe from your right manifold, and exhaust would flow from the right manifold, through the crossover pipe, into the left manifold, and through the turbo.

Yup, thats the only way it could work.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like standard square tubing welded to cast iron to me. I do tig welding with inconel 347 and just about any kind of stainless in the 300 or 400 series at work but have not done this kind of "stuff". It will not hold. When cast iron heats up it expands much differantly than mild steel so you know what happens next. I know of one shop on the east coast that can really weld cast iron and they don't give calsses in it. They welded 2, 350 chevy blocks together and made a monster motor. Other than that I can't see this mess working but hey. Its somebody trying..... :rotflmao

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
typ4 said:
Someones got a real sense of humor, where is the exhaust going to run, out the hood? Maybe stick it out the fender :rotflmao

A 6" stack out the hood would be sooo cool! Right in front of the driver. :rotflmao

82fordtruck

Reaction score
icanfixall said:
Looks like standard square tubing welded to cast iron to me. I do tig welding with inconel 347 and just about any kind of stainless in the 300 or 400 series at work but have not done this kind of "stuff". It will not hold. When cast iron heats up it expands much differantly than mild steel so you know what happens next. I know of one shop on the east coast that can really weld cast iron and they don't give calsses in it. They welded 2, 350 chevy blocks together and made a monster motor. Other than that I can't see this mess working but hey. Its somebody trying..... :rotflmao

This was my concern as well. I agree with mr-roboto as far as plumbing, that would be the only way to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online