1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zicam Bottle Cap Trick for Fuel Return O-rings

Discussion in 'IDI Tech Article' started by lakesurfer, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakesurfer

lakesurfer Full Access Member

Zicam Bottle Cap Trick for Fuel Return O-rings:

Getting the o-rings over the injector threads w/o nicking the o-rings can be a pain. I had read several places that there was a trick, but all the references just said to "google it". I did that can came up with zip. So if there's anyone else curious, here's a picture of how awesome this bottle cap works! The cap provides a gentle slope over the threads that matches to the diameter of the injector. There's nothing to mod, and you can still snort the meds if you're into that.

I wonder why all the alleged links disappeared? Let's see how long it takes before I get a cease-and-desist letter...

medicine-bottle-cap-oring-trick.jpg

2. Clb

Clb Another old truck Supporting Member

lakesurfer likes this.
  3. lakesurfer

lakesurfer Full Access Member

Those of you who are Jr. Adrian Monk's or Sherlock Holmes will notice that have adapted a "brand-x" 6.0L GP harness. I haven't even fired up the truck and already hate it. The connectors are too loose. Sometimes being frugal works out and sometimes it bites you in the arse. SMH

4. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stick a tiny screwdriver in between the housing and the connector shell and twist a little bit to tighten them up. Had the same problem with mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.