You know you’re an IDI guy when...

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
When you're still holding on to the hope that one day you'll find a low mileage turbo'ed IDI to swap into your currently small block powered Chevy K10 ;Sweet

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
snatchal said:
When your ten year old daughter instructs the school bus driver about the differences between their old bus that was an IDI and the new that has a power-stroke. :Thumbs Up She also told him to watch his EGT's

:rotflmao That's one of the best ones I ever heard! ;Sweet

"Hey Mr. Busdriver. You really should watch your EGTs on the pyro. Did you turn up the pump or chip this heap?" :rotflmao

How old is your daughter? If she's a youngin' I would have paid good money to hear that conversation! :thumbsup:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You know you're an IDI guy when your 4 year old son said make some smoke dad as your 20 month old daughter is setting back in her seat rocking her head back and forth as you rap on the throttle. ;Sweet

1992tractor

Reaction score
You know you're an IDI guy, when every morning when you pull into the parkade at work and the echo inside sets off alarms and you get rude looks from every yuppy around! Not too much when I am 2 floors above in the parkade you can feel the rumble and rattle of the IDI when she's idling in the basement underground below. :Sly

ramon f350

Reaction score
you know your an IDI guy when your five year old daughter tell her PawPaw that his truck isnt really a diesel but her Daddy's truck has a real diesel in it and he can borry it if he needs to haul a heavy trailer. I had to pull over when my daughter said that LOL My father in law just looked at her and said ok honey !!!

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
ramon f350 said:
you know your an IDI guy when your five year old daughter tell her PawPaw that his truck isnt really a diesel but her Daddy's truck has a real diesel in it and he can borry it if he needs to haul a heavy trailer. I had to pull over when my daughter said that LOL My father in law just looked at her and said ok honey !!!

Oh, out of the mouths of babes!! :rotflmao ;Sweet

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cowboy_Customs said:
You deffinatly know your an IDI guy when you walk up to a complete stranger at a gas station that just filled up an obviously pre-stroke ford with diesel, n refer him to Oilburners.net!
(I am soo guilty of this one, I just did it yesterday!!) ;Sweet

Ouch- I'm guilty on alot of these lol I even have the kids asking me " Mom- is that an IDI?" and the 2 oldest can spot them a mile away. Good kids!

On the above one- I took that a step further when I chased a guy thru town to tell him about this site.... My first words to him were " I'm not stalking you I'm stalking your truck!" :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You know your an IDI guy when you parked your truck 14 months ago because it hydrolocked for the second time and you don't have the money to rebuild it so you drive a 79 big block chevy 1 ton Bonanza C30 that looks great but only gets 4 3/4 to 4 7/8 miles to the gallon..... I love both trucks but I need to drive to work and wont trade for the wifes Honda... ;Sweet