You know you’re an IDI guy when...

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
when you see another truck with the same body style as yours and you roll the window down to hear if its a IDI or POWERSTROKE,and you grin ear to ear when it is a IDI :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
when a truck load of teenagers in daddys brand new truck pull up beside you at a stop light and start reving it up and just before the light changes you floor it a couple times sending smoke up out the stacks and their mouths drop and you drive away while their still looking at the smoke clouds

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
You know you're an IDI guy when you have fixed everything EXCEPT the engine!

;Sweet ;Sweet YEAH, BABY!!!! ;Sweet ;Sweet

When you spend that extra 45 minutes at the fuel station, getting every last drop in both tanks, so you can figure out exactly what your fuel economy is

Guilty LOL

Busted.
Ok,
You know you're an IDI guy when you fire up the truck at 6 a.m. in 20 degree weather, pop the hood, and listen to the sweet sounds emanating from within and wonder how many neighbors you just woke up.

Guilty :thumbsup:

I'll add one-
Every time you see an older Ford you check below the left headlight or the tailgate to see if the word "diesel" is there!

OR

Whenever jogging and a diesel powered truck passes you, you take deep breaths as if you were taking in clean mountain air! cookoo

Guilty!!! ;Sweet

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Baby!!!

You know you're an IDI guy when you are going up a hill with 25,000 #'s in tow, and you know you can let go of the wheel and have time to make a cup of coffee!!! -Deadhorse ;p

But know you're going to make it to other side!!!!! ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet :Thumbs Up

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
You know your an IDI guy when your garage/shop has more spare engines,tools,testers,and parts than Roush racing(ummm,Just about Guilty!Got 7 engines maybe 8....White Lightning,Enterprise,then the engine I got from Tanya and BJ,Whitehorses 6.9L,2 7.3s and a 6.9 from OMB,and a 7.3 over in Atlanta I hope to get next week.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
obinella said:
when you get that old ,you cant remember why your on the bottom. but when you figure it out please refresh my memory.i think

Nowadays it takes me all night to do what I used to do ALL NIGHT:D . cookoo OkieG

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know your an IDI guy when you keep taking in strays (IDIs).

I now have three of these old Supertrucks, and can't see my way to get rid of any of them. I still keep looking for more.

akoldnav

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
you know your an IDI nut when you import a Yankee truck into the Confederacy!hmmmm,maybe that just makes me a NUT period....$1750 for a truck with lite rust and a shot engine,shade over 600 shipping.....when I could have gotten a Rot FREE good running truck for around the same if not less round these parts.Oh well,I would do it again.Just wouldn't be right to see an Icon to the group go to the scrapper(which is where she was headed).

Last edited:

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know you are an IDI guy when you pull up to the diesel pump and a stroker, duramax or cumumis is there and you let it idle while fueling so they can hear it's a diesel and make them wonder what it is :hail ...............

You know you are an IDI guy when talk'n to guys that have their first diesel either a stroker, duramax or cumimins and they say somthing about your truck and instead of saying it's a diesel also you say it's an 7.3 IDI and they have a blank stare :Thumbs Up ......... Jim

Last edited:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
How about that you notice tendencies that these trucks have that gassers don't. Like that the front end doesn't lift when one accelerates from a light. Or that the diesel exhaust is bigger in diameter? Or you look for fuel spillage on the bed sides?

And yes, I roll down the windows to listen to it idle or the passenger side if near a wall to hear the exhaust and turbo whistle.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Either I am normal or worse than I thought. I'm guilty of a lot of these things! ;Sweet

I'll get whiplash seeing if the old rotted truck going the other way is a diesel but won't give a second glance to the new body styles.

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know you're an IDI guy when...

You know you're an IDI guy when you look at a newer PSD 1 ton Dually Crew Cab and have this curious perception that, as trucks go, it's a little wimpy.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Wow, I am sooo guilty of 90% of this stuff, smoke clouds for teenagers, rollin down windows to hear what it is, lookin under the headlight........

You deffinatly know your an IDI guy when you walk up to a complete stranger at a gas station that just filled up an obviously pre-stroke ford with diesel, n refer him to Oilburners.net!
(I am soo guilty of this one, I just did it yesterday!!) ;Sweet

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
When you are trying to convince younger brother to buy '94 or older instead of a newer p'stroke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.