Y pipe for 6.9?

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.9 has dual exhaust which is in need of replacing. It had the duals when I bought it. Is there somewhere I can get a y pipe? From there I'd like to do 5" exhaust. Will a obs 5" kit work? Or does someone make actual 5" kits for these trucks?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a stock y pipe off my old 6.9
Pay shipping and you can have it

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
It will fit 83-94 trucks. I'm not sure why they don't list it that way. All the exhaust mounting points are exactly the same.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit 83-94 trucks. I'm not sure why they don't list it that way. All the exhaust mounting points are exactly the same.

So will the dynomax 19430 kit work as a direct fit then? When I looked at the kit on summit the y pipe looks different to me?

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I would say the aftermarket Y-Pipes are designed to fit ALL transmission options. The T-19 and C-6 are smaller than the later ZF-5 and E4OD's. For example, the early turbo kits were transmission specific. The later ones were designed as a "one size fits all", so from the stock one on a 6.9 would probably look different than the aftermarket one. The aftermarket one I would guess would be a bit "taller" from the connection to the manifolds to the junction that makes the Y so it can reach all the way around the bell housing on the E4OD and ZF-5..... they bells on those 2 are significantly larger. I know even with the one size fits all design, on at least one of the turbo kits, there is an "ear" that you have to cut off the back of the E4OD bell for the kit to fit.......