WMO Opinions

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have been kicking around the idea of running wmo in my truck and have researched the subject till my eyes cant focus anymore. So before I make the jump let me first say that I have a reliable source for good waste oil and good waste atf. So I would like to get some of your trusted opinions and or knowledge of what is the safest way to run it and filter it. My truck is 94 F350 cc dually 7.3 factory turbo e40d. I am planning on buying a centrifuge from pa biodiesel supply, maybe some of you have heard of this one or have used it. I dont mean to beat and beat a already dead horse but your opinons and knowledge are the only I have come to trust after becoming a member of this site nobody and I mean nobody knows idi's like this site. So please help me decide which system will be best. I love my truck and would hate to have to rebuild it because of my negligence. Thanks :hail

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filter my WMO down to 2 microns, I use up flow process to rid of heavy particles and water, then I Mix in RUG and add 40 gallons on top, and circulate/filter at least 7 times before it goes into storage or fuel tank.

plenty of miles with no issues.

I use any petrol product and mix it all in. hyd oil ATF, gear oil, used motor oil, transformer oil, mineral spriits, kerosesne, you name it it gets a new life!

Javier

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I use WMO. I to filter it to 2 microns but I only use WMO or WATF. And I only use my own from my own oil changes. I don't think it is a GREAT option for an alternative fuel so I don't go around collecting it...just use my own waste and thats all. And I mix it a max 10% with 80% diesel.

philadelphia

Reaction score
I have run about 40 gallons of wmo recently..I built a rig for the sucking and feeding with a hydro punp and filter from an old trash compactor..(we use the same rig for compactor oil changes in apartment building)

While id like to have a 2 microm element i have a 10 micron. I myself have thought of collecting for a 2200 mile trip to ga next month..

Anyways we ran the truck with straight wmo and its fine.The transfer setup i have has a filter on the outlet side and i filter it when i suck it from the source can into the truck as well as from whatever tank im pulling it from..For the wmo i always pour it into a clean buck and never suck from the bottom of the bucket..I usually lose a half gallon like this but i feel its safer..I also keep an eye as to whats comming out because i never pump from the holding bucket into the tank..I pump into a white 12 gallon barrel and watch the output by running it on the side of the barrel..then i pump into the trucks tank..

When i get cash im gonna build a dedicated pumping rig on the truck to suck oil on the road..