WMO first time advice.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ lol... I guess people like paying full price for fuel... that or they see it takes work to save money and say screw it.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know guys at work say screw that when I tell them what all I have to do. Oh well, more money in my pocket.

M.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I only knew how many clothes I was going to ruin foolin with this stuff I might have walked away. I have ruined more pants and shirts from little accidents that I literally only have a couple good pants to wear. I have a couple tyvec suits that I wear most of the time now.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think if we started our own forum called "black oilburners" we'd get in trouble?? Hahahaha

I have a feeling the NAACP would look down on it... no matter what it means, just because how it sounds. Lol

As far as clothes go... I've got church clothes and work clothes... that amounts to a shirt or two that arnt stained along with a pair of jeans... everything else is all but shot. Lol

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the NAACP would look down on it... no matter what it means, just because how it sounds. Lol

As far as clothes go... I've got church clothes and work clothes... that amounts to a shirt or two that arnt stained along with a pair of jeans... everything else is all but shot. Lol

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

I think your right haha

channel497

Reaction score
sorry for not checking back for a while but i think it could be possible in a 300d using 2 of the small gear oil drums laying sideways in the trunk because its huge and i have unlimited supplys of wmo and barrels

Armo

Reaction score
The thing to be careful with is fuel tanks tend to be dot certified though maybe im wrong. Just something i remember reading for my area with fuel transfer tanks so maybe its different in your area. You can get smaller truck aluminum tanks from a salvage yard for very cheap. its the route i went for fuel storage tanks. One 115 gallon tank cost me 80 dollars a small dent on another made it cost 65, avoid volvo tanks those are priced high. They can also be down to 30 gallons both steel or aluminum. That way if you do get pulled over or in an accident atleast you had a dot cert fuel tank.

channel497

Reaction score
i saw the utah bio diesel site and it seems as though a centrifuge has to be up right... correct me if im wrong

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannot be at an angle more than what would prevent rapid draining of spent oil. The oil sprays outward from the rotor, and the rotor is oil driven. spent oil hits the side and gravity feeds out the bottom. Anyangle that would prevent the fuge from daring will not work as the rotor will be in an oil bath that won't allow it to spin fast enough. If you had a way to drain the cavity, and angle would work.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A belt/shaft driven fuge could run on it's side, but you would have to devise a way to cleanly catch the oil, and upon shutdown it would make a huge mess of dirty and clean oil.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be sorely disappointed in the overall performance of the system, specifically how often you blind filters. Secondly, it has no water block filter installed, and unless you want to change vehicle filters in parking lots and the sides of highways you would need to install one. Ask me about how successful the simple filter and go method is without a water block. Even with a water block, I still heat well beyond boiling to ensure I don't have water.

While a fuge is much more expensive, it is thousands of times more efficient, and will pay you back fairly quick compared to filter and go method. In my system, filters still have a function, they serve as insurance in the finishing stage before I increased my fuge time, and added a second fuge I was blinding ten mic filters fast enough to really not see any real savings.

The second link appears to be either a simple gear pump, or a gerotor, either of which will move oil pretty good. If it is a vane pump, it will also move it well, if it is a centripetal pump it will be extremely poor at moving oil. A lot of bilge/sump and marine pumps will be centripetal.

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be sorely disappointed in the overall performance of the system, specifically how often you blind filters. Secondly, it has no water block filter installed, and unless you want to change vehicle filters in parking lots and the sides of highways you would need to install one. Ask me about how successful the simple filter and go method is without a water block. Even with a water block, I still heat well beyond boiling to ensure I don't have water.

While a fuge is much more expensive, it is thousands of times more efficient, and will pay you back fairly quick compared to filter and go method. In my system, filters still have a function, they serve as insurance in the finishing stage before I increased my fuge time, and added a second fuge I was blinding ten mic filters fast enough to really not see any real savings.

The second link appears to be either a simple gear pump, or a gerotor, either of which will move oil pretty good. If it is a vane pump, it will also move it well, if it is a centripetal pump it will be extremely poor at moving oil. A lot of bilge/sump and marine pumps will be centripetal.

water block, is this to "dry" the water out of the oil? he mentions some kind of "de-watering" device in the system... can you explain the fuge to me?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726