WMO first time advice.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a little research, my stock Mercedes filters are 8 mics nominal, the finest I am currently finishing at is 10, or 17 nominal that may be some of my issue, as well as the the fact that my present tank of fuel came from different stock, although it was run through the finishing filters again to pump it into the car.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the section directly below this one, I talked about some stuff with someone named Devilish.
Some print shops use a cleaning substance with a viscosity between kerro and gasoline, with a "mineral oil" like feel.
I really want to get somewhere and get about 5 gallons of this and mix with wmo.... Take a look, see what you think...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?49875-Is-mineral-oil-good-for-fuel

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chemical is probably known as E-Cure or Sibert autowash. It's very much like kerosene in my personal judgment. I worked in an industrial print shop for 5 years, actually just quit the job this spring. I worked for the big company that puts the little red roses on the back of greeting cards. We went though hundreds of gallons a week, at least 500. Unfortunately, the company I worked for were so up tight you couldn't drive a needle up their @$$ with a mack truck. They are currently PAYING to dispose of their waste E-Cure, gear, and hydraulic to the tune of 85 dollars a drum, and then the disposal company "incinerates" it to eliminate the "risk" of pollution. What they ACTUALLY do is use it for fuel in a clay furnace to turn around and sell oil-dry to the very same companies that they CHARGE to dispose of their "waste" oil. This waste disposal service is what I have to compete with for good clean sources of oil around here. For the "customers" they have that have discovered it has value they will purchase it from to the tune of a 1.50 a gallon. My boss would not even consider allowing me to BUY the oil from the company for "Fear they would hear about it in the news being dumped on some gravel road to control dust." In other words they were worried that by letting me have it, or even purchase it I was putting them at liability if I had an accident with it etc etc etc. Thats still a sore spot with me and that company if you can't tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online